What's new

No-Shave-November/Movember.

To all of you posting your updates...Keep up the good work. I know of only a couple guys that can really do one of these in just a month. This 2 to 6 week phase is the really difficult part and is when a lot of potentially great staches go down the drain, literally! So keep at it!

You're dead on with that statement! No one should compare their mustache to others even if you started at the same time. Some people can grow a thick soft stache in just a few weeks and while I'm crazy jealous of that I know you have to hold strong and not shave yours off. I do wish I had a bit more space between my lip & nose for a fuller mustache but we have to love the mustache we have.

The 2 -6 week period is the worse part for many of us, it's enough time for you to have a mustache long enough to look like a mustache but it's also unruly and sparse in places because the hair isn't long enough to style well and many hairs can be slow to come in or can break in the beginning so the new hairs will take longer to catch up.

Everyone who is participating is doing great so let's start pulling out our wax and hold strong! (Pun intended) ;)

Not long to go now. Sometimes I find myself quite liking the old 'tache. I told SWMBO I might keep it and she just smiles and says "OK." She's known me long enough to know that my facial hair moods change from one minute to the next!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417008182.827879.jpg

Last edited:
Ok... progress, take 2. (Can anyone tell me why tapatalk insists on posting pics oriented incorrectly? It's getting old.)

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1417025895779.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1417025895779.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 87
Ok... progress, take 2. (Can anyone tell me why tapatalk insists on posting pics oriented incorrectly? It's getting old.)

From what I read, it had to do with some issue between tapatalk and the phone software regarding the phones landscape vs portrait pic mode. I haven't seen/heard of anyone that has a solid fix for it yet. Have you tried to take the pic in landscape and post it, just to see?

I wanted to remind everyone that Movember doesn't end on November 30th. It officially ends at 2:00pm on December 9th so you get to keep your mustaches & donations going for a few extra days!

First I've heard of that!

They don't seem to state it anywhere and they do say it's 30 days of mustaches which would be Nov 30th but the deadline for donations is Dec 9th when they add up the finished totals and announce rewards.

I guess you shave on Nov 30th but can still get donations until the 9th so that's good for our team.

You can technically donate all year I believe, it just won't count toward your Movember totals.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving my Mo Brothers & Sisters!

I went for the old school hair part today. Hah I haven't parted my hair in years.
It was a bit brisk outside right after shaving, my cheeks get red fast in cold air lol!
$MoThanksG2.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving my Mo Brothers & Sisters!

I went for the old school hair part today. Hah I haven't parted my hair in years.
It was a bit brisk outside right after shaving, my cheeks get red fast in cold air lol!
View attachment 523684
Do you teach History? Or English? :tongue_sm

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Thanks for the support!

Do you teach History? Or English? :tongue_sm

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Thanks for the support!

Hah! My wife was laughing at that comment. She has a Masters in English education and was an English teacher for years before changing over to teaching computers.

Hope you're enjoying your Thanksgiving!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
A fatal error accorded this morning and I'm deeply saddened.

I've got a new set of clippers, and I've never used any of the guards. I wanted to give it a good trim, even the hairs, make it look better. Not familiar with the settings... I thought I was using the highest setting, turns out it was the lowest. I trimmed a pretty good section of my stache right down to the stubble.

I screamed "NO!!" and threw the guard across the counter. I tried to save it by trimming the other side....but it was a total loss.

I had to shave it all off.

But I will start over and grow another in memory.

I've got a new set of clippers, and I've never used any of the guards. I wanted to give it a good trim, even the hairs, make it look better. Not familiar with the settings... I thought I was using the highest setting, turns out it was the lowest. I trimmed a pretty good section of my stache right down to the stubble.

I screamed "NO!!" and threw the guard across the counter. I tried to save it by trimming the other side....but it was a total loss.

Totally been there dude. I actually have a really hard time keeping facial hair even. Mess up one side to where its not even, then you have to correct the other side. Next thing you know you shaved too much. Then before you know it, nothing is left... Luckily it grows back just as fast.

Single tear!

I shaved my mustache of before November 1 to prepare a clean slate as it were, but so many people flattered me by telling me that I looked 10 years younger that I kept shaving. But I couldn't do it so I started growing it back beginning on November 17. Here is a couple weeks worth.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1417391401294.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1417391401294.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom