What's new

My weekend drive

This weekend just gone I was privileged to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo and Ferrari Modena Spider. A few choice photos from the day:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Niiiice!! Which did you like better?

I liked the Gallardo from a driveable perspective in that it had very predictable handling but I loved the visceral sound of Modena with the roof off. Both awe inspiring machines though :001_smile

Sounds like a hoot! Of course, those two are part of one of the oldest rivalries in motor sports! Thoroughbred race car vs. Tractor manufacturer! Although, I would still brag about owning a lambo even if it was just a farm tractor, lol!

Nice images too!

You look a tad young to be driving...and shaving... :wink2:

The little guy was disappointed that despite being "taller" than either the Gallardo or Modena that when he sat in the Ferrari for a ride he could only just see over the dashboard :laugh:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nice! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to send my wife and kid out to find jobs.

well im in the market for a new car, how do you think either would do as a daily driver, im sure i could squeeze the dogs into the passenger seat, their mom on the other hand

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I liked the Gallardo from a driveable perspective in that it had very predictable handling but I loved the visceral sound of Modena with the roof off. Both awe inspiring machines though :001_smile

For pure sound, no one beats Ferrari, IMO

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Honestly, I'd rather have an Acura NSX. When I was young, I could tolerate products from British Leyland. Now I want something bulletproof. The NSX has most of the looks and performance of the persnickety exotics, but you can drive them all day every day without having to have some mechanic named Cesare as your constant companion.

Honestly, I'd rather have an Acura NSX...The NSX has most of the looks and performance of the persnickety exotics, but you can drive them all day every day without having to have some mechanic named Cesare as your constant companion.
+ 1/2.

While I can't totally commit to the notion of wanting an Acura NSX over either of these cars, the 1992 NSX I had the good fortune to drive was phenomenally quick, responsive and comfortable. The 2015 NSX looks very nice, but as an electric/gas hybrid it's a different animal...more akin to the Porsche 918. It's possible the Acura will have fewer mechanical problems, but it's too soon to tell.

I can't wait for it's release, and for the men of "Top Gear" to give it an evaluation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom