What's new

Voskhod blades - available any more?

Dare to dream!

Was before you joined so you may not have read it..... 100+ shaves with a single NOS Brit. triple coated Wilkie. It goes on for a "few" pages :yesnod:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/349341-So-How-far-would-YOU-go

proxy.php

For the record, my shaveabuck.com order of late Friday evening has shipped - a commendable turnaround for the weekend, and a holiday weekend at that.

I just wonder is the Moscow factory that make Voskhod and Rapiras still producing DE blades. If not then I need to start buying as many as I can get my hands on.

Last edited:
I just got 100 from shaveabuck. Although they only last about 5 shaves for me, I really like how smooth they are on my face.

I just wonder is the Moscow factory that make Voskhod and Rapiras still producing DE blades. If not then I need to start buying as many as I can get my hands on.

Why? If we're lucky Gillette in Russia will buy them out & make it better!! :laugh:

I find the Voskhods to be among the smoothest shaving of my blades. When I last bought them a few years ago, they were hard to find then as well.

Maybe something temporary.

FYI Gillette's factory in Saint Petersburg makes Sputnik brand with the same Teflon coating:

proxy.php

I wonder how they shave.

I do not know what it means but here's the story:
Right after I post the above comment I head down to Rubinov's Barber Supplies and ordered some Voskhod blades. Not that I needed any but for the heck of it.
Just checked the price now and It's higher.

Last edited:
Right after I post the above comment I head down to Rubinov's Barber Supplies and ordered some Voskhod blades. Not that I needed any but for the heck of it.
Just check the price now and It's higher.

US sales are small for them, so almost anything could be happening. However, it is odd that they would go up in price. The falling ruble should make Russian products more available at substantially lower prices to countries on the dollar.

Either there's more than usual interest in the product just recently or pretty low stock.
Or perhaps both.
Who knows...

Just checked the price now and It's higher.

Buy Now for $11.99 on Ebay.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Maybe something temporary.

FYI Gillette's factory in Saint Petersburg makes Sputnik brand with the same Teflon coating:

proxy.php

I wonder how they shave.
Tonich:
I found the Sputniks to be OK with slight pulling / tugging and a touch of burn & itching in my Merkur's 23C & 38C. :blushing:

Whereas with Voskhod (my 'one & only go to' blade), there is a perfect balance of sharpness (moderate), smoothness (awesome)] and price (sweet)! :thumbsup:

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/sh...product=211221

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/327703-Voskhod-Comrades-Club

proxy.php
"Dа...бритва[лезвие] не может быть обострена на части бархата". Автор неизвестен (translation...“Yes...a razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown

PS Did you know that Voskhod means 'sunrise'
proxy.php
in Russian
proxy.php

Top Bottom