What's new

Voskhod blades - available any more?

Voskhod blades are smooth and forgiving - but they've begun to disappear from reliable sources. (A few tucks are on eBay, and Amazon is sold out.)

Are stocks of Voskhod blades temporarily out...or should people be stocking up?

I got a good few in a PIF and they're hanging on my wall, gradually being consumed. I've about 55 left now.

Let's see.

Italian Barber is out of stock. Amazon is out of stock. Maggard Razors has a few tucks, and so does eBay. Chicago Shaving is out of stock. The Shave Den is out of stock. The How to Grow a Mustache Store is out of stock. A few other vendors have 5-blade tucks.

Rubinov's has them for $11 for 100, however. Let's see how long their stock lasts at that price!

I think ShaveABuck has/had some recently.

Rubinov's want's almost $9 for shipping so the $11 price is not that great if you're only after the Voskhods.

Interesting, I'm glad they aren't my favourite blades but they are pretty nice. I would still take Astra SS over them but I'm am loving my Voskhod on my 5th save in my RR OC.

Funny that this should come up while I am on vacation. For fun, I took two blades with me during my 3 week trip abroad: Voskhod and Treet Durasharp. I shave daily with an EJ89 and put a new blade in every 2 days (I wouldn't normally do this at home). After 8 days of travel, that would be 2 cycles of each blade, I would say that the Voskhod is a tad smoother, while the Durasharp is a tad sharper. Both are very useable blades. The Durasharp has the disadvantage of being a carbon blade but at $20 for 200 delivered from Connaught, the Durasharp may be the best bargain blade.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Ordered 100 from shaveabuck.com 2 days ago - just waiting for shipment...
Steve:
You won't have to wait long (they ship from NJ),...good vendor! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting". Andy Warhol

I got my last batches of Voskhod from TryABlade.com. Before that, I bought 5 off eBay for $3.00. May have to look into where I can find them in larger quantities... Really love this blade.

The handle bar supply has Voskhod blades in stock, $15 for 100.

I've met the owner Gareth when I lived in California. His barbershop was about 15 minutes from the house. He's a good guy that takes care of his customers.

Which, if your British Wilkie track record is any indication, should keep you clean shaven until roughly 3678 AD...

I don't even count the 500 wilkies which at 100 shaves a blade would take me into the next millennium (like I'm going to live that long)

Top Bottom