What's new

Gillette Super Stainless

This has become my quest for the Holy Grail. Wherever I go I check for different blades to sample. Today I picked up "Top Care" brand from a Pathmark supermarket, these are marked "American Safety Razor Company", and so I am guessing these are Israeli Personnas. I purchased 10 blades for $2.39. Not bad I will give them a try soon.

Next stop was a local Rite Aid where they had the "Gillette Super Stainless" with the RED label. They were marked $9.99 for 10 blades. Can this be right? I read the reviews on B&B for these blades and they did poorly. Why a $1.00 a blade, what can I be missing.

This has become my quest for the Holy Grail. Wherever I go I check for different blades to sample. Today I picked up "Top Care" brand from a Pathmark supermarket, these are marked "American Safety Razor Company", and so I am guessing these are Israeli Personnas. I purchased 10 blades for $2.39. Not bad I will give them a try soon.

Next stop was a local Rite Aid where they had the "Gillette Super Stainless" with the RED label. They were marked $9.99 for 10 blades. Can this be right? I read the reviews on B&B for these blades and they did poorly. Why a $1.00 a blade, what can I be missing.

The blades by American Safety Razor Company are made in the USA, and they do brand their products for others. As far as pricing for the Gillette blades goes, remember that they also sell cartridges to the tune of 4 for $12 or $14.

You will find many blades by american safety razor...BUT,,the good ones have a sticker on the back of the package saying "made in Isreael" These are the ones you want!! You may have to look through packs, but generally you can find some. Happy hunting!

Regards,

Top Bottom