What's new

PIF a Week #16: International assortment of tobacco tools

Comrades, friends, brothers,

I wish I could participate in your forum, but I gave up pipes years ago and restrict myself to the occasional cigar either when I'm out of town or when She Who Must Not Be Annoyed is out of town. Here are a few things left over from happier days. One is a cigar cutter from Harrods which I've probably owned since I did a semester in London in 1979. Made in Sheffield. The other item is a German made cigar cutter which is about the coolest thing ever and genuinely a piece of quality engineering. The last item is your standard Chinese made dime a dozen pipe tamper which tamps as well as anything else I've used.

The Clark bar is NOT included and is in the pic strictly to give scale and to inspire jealously. I'll be crumbling it up on top of some coffee ice cream later today.

Just state your intention that you're in. PIF closes Saturday at midnight.

View attachment 506637 $image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Well, it looks like a v-cutter and they are scissors, don't know if that's an official name, but if it isn't it should be. It would be an excellent door prize or addition to raffle prizes for the Veterans Day Golf Tournament my cigar shop sponsors in memory of Colonel Baker, who started the shop. This year I'm donating a monster humidor, a crap load of cigars, a couple of nice cigar ashtrays, at least one lighter and a couple of cutters. You might guess I'm an avid cigar smoker

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Forgot to add that the other cutter is a single guilletine. It's probably the nicest, highest quality one I've seen yet.

I'm in! The v-cutter has me particularly fascinated! thanks for the chance!
P.S: Coffee ice cream and Clark Bar crumble? I must try this immediately!:drool:

Last edited:
I'm in. Been trying cigars...cutting them with my teeth or scissors so far :facep:And you can never have too many tampers.

I'd love to be in, thanks for PIFing. I'll be sure to re-PIF if/when SWMBO axes my tobacco too. Hopefully not for some time..

Top Bottom