What's new

Anyone else get a Lamy 2000?

I just got my email yesterday that Massdrop is sending out my Lamy 2000 that I ordered last month. Did anyone else get in on it? It was about $109 so I figure it was probably a pretty good deal.

Thanks! I got lucky because I usually don't pay attention to their emails but I opened it just for the fun of it and I'm glad I did! :thumbup:

nice pen David, im sure you will be over the moon on how nice it writes once you get it inked up and in hand

nice pen David, im sure you will be over the moon on how nice it writes once you get it inked up and in hand

I must admit I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive but likely at least a week since it ships state side. It's my first gold nib and I hear it's a great writer!

I was thinking about posting it when I saw the email but I was worried since it might be against TOS to post such things since I know eBay auctions aren't allowed. Are we allowed to mention Massdrops that we see?

You're allowed to mention them, but the mods will lock it so that no one can talk about it.

Shorter answer is yes, but no conversation about it.

Thanks, if I see another one in the future I'll be sure to get the word out but let the mods know it's coming so they can lock it right away.

ETA it looks as if the one I got in on was posted.

I'd never heard of "Massdrop" before, so learned something there.

I did get a Lamy 2000 (fine nib) for $123 from an Amazon 3rd party seller some time back. It's an excellent pen, really a huge step up from their cheaper models. I've read of some people having issues with nib alignment out of the box, but if so, I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Congrats on a getting a great pen at a great price. I have a one with a Pendleton Brown .8mm stub nib. With or without a special nib this is a great pen.

I got my 2000 in the mail last night. I inked it up this morning and tried it out. It's got a very smooth nib.

Top Bottom