What's new

Show us your growlers!

As craft beers and microbrews continue to gain popularity, so does the use of growlers to bring that fresh from the tap goodness home. Many growlers have interesting artwork or text. Post 'em up!

I'll start with my most recent growler purchase. I've been a huge Hemingway fan for at least 30 years, so there was no way I could pass this one up...

proxy.php

Cheers!

I picked that one up at a local cafe and bar - they had a shelf filled with different growlers for sale. Many bars that sell a large variety of different craft beers will sell growlers. Just look around in your area and you'll find them.

Online: http://hausofgrowlers.com/

Cheers!

Last edited:
I'll never understand breweries that opt for clear growlers. Sure, they are cheaper than brown glass (but not by much) but unfiltered light is lethal to hop compounds in beer.

This place is around the corner from work. Its not a micro brewery but sells draft beer from a large range of micro breweries.
$Trubru2.jpg$Trubru1.jpg

I'll never understand breweries that opt for clear growlers. Sure, they are cheaper than brown glass (but not by much) but unfiltered light is lethal to hop compounds in beer.

I like it specifically for the reason that they are uncommon. I can assure you they don't stick around long enough for light to play a factor. Plus it definitely makes it easier to judge cleanliness.

Growlers just became legal in Texas, but that didn't stop me from bringing this sweet Piggly Wiggly growler back from South Carolina a few years ago.

$growler.jpg

EDIT: Also, TX laws are screwed up in that breweries can't sell directly to the public. So you can get your growler filled at a bar, but not from a brewer. Also not from any store that sells liquor. Ugh.

Top Bottom