What's new

e-cigarettes?

Has anyone had any experience with the "Gamucci" electronic cigarettes? I've heard about them being developed, but it appears that they are now available for sale in the UK. Would there be any issues importing them into the US?

***? I've never heard of this... YouTube'd it and... ***? Seriously?

I remember around 10 years back that various companies were launching R&D efforts to come up with these things. I guess it paid off because here they are :)
It seams like it'd sure beat nicorette as a way to quit smoking.

Nicorette isn't a very good way to quit smoking either. You need to cut the nicotene.

I smoked for 15yrs and tried almost everything. The only thing that finally worked for me is Chantix. It also had zero nicotene.

In looking around a bit, I found a US based alternative: Crown Seven. Looks like they have a cigar and pipe version too. Might just have to try that one out.

-Drew

Have you seen the price of those things? The blurb says cheap, the price says £200 (almost $400) then you have to buy the nicotine things to put in them!

Gareth

Reminds me of the "Premier" smokeless cigarettes that RJ Reynolds brought to market in the late 80s. They failed and pulled it after a year. It was basically a metal tube filled with "tobacco beads" that were then heated to just under the burning point. The "fumes" were what one then breathed in through the cigarette. It delivered tobacco taste and nicotine, although people I know thought it tasted charred.

http://www.tobaccoproducts.org/index.php/Premier_Lights

proxy.php

Have you seen the price of those things? The blurb says cheap, the price says £200 (almost $400) then you have to buy the nicotine things to put in them!

Gareth

Yep. High initial outlay, but the disposeable refils are cheap and you save money in the long run.

Waitaminute...where have I heard of that buisness model before?

Yep. High initial outlay, but the disposeable refils are cheap and you save money in the long run.

Waitaminute...where have I heard of that buisness model before?

:biggrin:

What they should be doing is giving the original unit away at a low cost and making their money back in the nicotine capsules.

I've smoked a cigarette that didnt smell like smoke. It was pretty interesting. Something burned at the end. It tasted like crap though.

Well, my Njoy e-cig comes tomorrow! I ordered them from Njoy because the link I posted only had the Cigar shaped kind. This looks more like a real smoke.

I'm really anxious to give it a try. I hope this will help me to quit smoking.

Well, my Njoy e-cig comes tomorrow! I ordered them from Njoy because the link I posted only had the Cigar shaped kind. This looks more like a real smoke.

Try smoking a pipe to help you ween if the e-cig doesn't work.
<insert smoking pipe joke here.>:lol:

So how are they?

Top Bottom