What's new

New Shavemac

I'm a waiting the delivery of my Newburgh made for me with a Shavemac D01 knot.
What do I need to do before I use it? What's recommended for brand New brushes?

New brush instructions = Load, lather, shave, rinse, dry, repeat.

Seriously though, there's nothing that really needs to be done with a new brush.

From time to time you might get one that smells like it still has a little hint of animal funk to it (e.g. trace oils still in the hair)... and some folks like to use a little shampoo, or whip up a few loads of practice lather, to wash it out. But after 2-3 normal uses it'll be gone anyway, so I figure why bother.

In the case of a Shavemac knot though, I seriously doubt you'll even have to worry about it. They're top-notch and I don't recall ever getting one that had even the slightest hint of funk.

So, I'd say when it arrives, just dive right in and enjoy the shave!

Is it a D01 two band or D01 Silvertip? My D01 two band was very stiff and scritchy when I got it. I palm lathered it daily for about a month and the tips softened up considerably. Now there is absolutely no scritch at all (in fact it has the "gel" tips when wet and clumps when dry) but the backbone is still off the charts. Great knot!!

It's Shavemac Silertip D01....,I'm worried it won't have as much backbone as I'd like...any opinions?

I have DO1 in three and two band.
You have nothing to worry about, my three band has plenty of backbone.

My 22/46 three band fan has 5 or 6 lathers on it and it has A LOT of backbone. Still in the early stages of break-in but already I'm liking this brush a whole lot. Good scrub without being prickly and I'm looking for it to soften up some as it breaks-in.

Top Bottom