What's new

BBS defined?

This may have been done before or explained, but I haven't seen it. I thought it might be interesting to see if people have different definitions of a BBS or DFS. Also, how long that version of their shave should last. I was wondering if different people had different criteria. We use those descriptions freely, but are we all on the same page?

My definitions.

BBS
Virtually a stubble-free shave.
Grab a baby, run your hand on its butt. This is how a BBS should feel.
I suggest waiting until the diaper needs changing, kill two birds with one stone as it were...

DFS
A close shave free of any nicks, weepers, or irritation of any sort.

BBS: a smooth shave with no stubble; can't feel any stubble when you rub your hand over your face.

DFS: a close shave but you may feel some stubble when you rub your hand over your face, particularly when you go ATG.

BBS: can't feel any stubble when you rub your hand over your face in any direction.

DFS: no stubble felt unless you rub ATG.

BBS: if you can't figure out what BBS is, do another pass
DFS: if you think you've almost got a BBS, but don't know what a BBS is, stop.
SAS: that'll do

HHHmmm....interesting...looks like everyone pretty much has the same definitions, I thought there might be some differences, oh well, I really like the cotton ball test, could be the gold standard of BBS.

BBS: baby butt smooth
DFS: damn fine shave...I mean darn fine shave
CCS: close, comfortable shave
SAS: socially acceptable shave

BBS is pretty obvious.
DFS, CCS, and SAS are terms that vary widely between men; one guy's CCS may be another's DFS. It's not a scientific thing.

Hi,

BBS: No stubble felt ATG, XTG, WTG

DFS: Stubble felt only ATG, not XTG or WTG

CCS: Stubble felt ATG and XTG not WTG.

SAS: Stubble felt all directions, but not visible.

Time to 5 o'clock shadow varies by individual. But lower on the list, the sooner it shows up.

For me, BBS gives me two extra hours before I see the whiskers and so would need another shave. That is 12 hours as my whiskers grow. Most days I opt DFS with 10 hours worth of time. It all depends on if I have somewhere to go later on and wish to have those two extra hours.

Stan

BBS: baby butt smooth
DFS: damn fine shave...I mean darn fine shave
CCS: close, comfortable shave
SAS: socially acceptable shave

BBS is pretty obvious.
DFS, CCS, and SAS are terms that vary widely between men; one guy's CCS may be another's DFS. It's not a scientific thing.

well said, I tip my hat to you sir

My definitions.

BBS
Virtually a stubble-free shave.
Grab a baby, run your hand on its butt. This is how a BBS should feel.
I suggest waiting until the diaper needs changing, kill two birds with one stone as it were...

DFS
A close shave free of any nicks, weepers, or irritation of any sort.

I would also suggest knowing the baby.. just saying.

>> Grab a baby, run your hand on its butt. This is how a BBS should feel.

I would also suggest knowing the baby.. just saying.

Honestly, knowing the parents is probably more important than knowing the baby. And I would suggest waiting until AFTER the diaper has been changed. When the diaper NEEDS changing is the WORST time to put your hand in there.

Top Bottom