What's new

TGN vs WD Handles ?

How do the WD $6 "resin" brush handles compare to TGN $19 "acrylic" handles ?

Are they both the same light duty plastic, but one has mold lines and the other doesn't because it is lathe turned ?

I don't have a TGN handle, so I can't say for sure but I think they are lathe turned.

I have several WD handles, and ordered two more tonight for new knots. There are no mold lines, but at least on the smaller ones it is obvious they are molded. Some are not fully round, and a couple of them don't stand up straight. The 30 mm handles I have appear perfect though.

It might not matter though. I wanted to check out the TGN handles again before ordering the two WD handles, and they didn't show up. TGN has redesigned their web site (much nicer), and it might just be a glitch. I emailed them and I'll report back on the answer.

I never used a TGN handle, but I do have 3 WD's and I can say they are very comfortable handles. Yes, I do believe they are cast but they do not have mould lines and have a decent weight to them. imo they are selling below what they're really worth and is hard to go wrong in choosing one.

Top Bottom