What's new

On To My Next Pen: Pilot 92. Need Help With Nib Sizes

Well, I have the bug bad! The only way to cure it is to feed it to death. After much reading, lurking, laughing, etc, it looks like I am going to add a Pilot Custom Heritage 92 to my pocket. I love the nib on my VP so figure I will add another Pilot.

I find that fine nibs accentuate my poor handwriting less than medium nibs. (I am working on that too) I use my FP's around the house for scribbling notes and grocery lists. I am also now trying to journal more often and write more correspondences.

My question for the "Board of Enablers" is, I read somewhere that different countries and/or manufacturers have different nib sizes. I just don't know which ones are which... Are the Japanese nibs the ones that run smaller? In other words, is their medium nib like other manufacturers fine nib? Or is it the other way around?

I have run multiple searches in this forum trying to find the comparisons but can't find anything listing some general guides as to which manufactures/countries run what sizes. I can find out what people had for lunch, but I can never seem to find the answer to what I am searching for. I am sure my search issues are caused by operator error, so I am turning to you experts instead. I figure this information can help me with future additions to my pocket.

Thanks in advance, John

Goulest also has a nib comparison chart that lets you choose a pen with a certain nib, and compare it with up two 7 or 8 other pens with other nib sizes. It works pretty well, and gives you a visual instead of just data if your a visual kinda person.

Im a big fan of my FM or is that FM it's somewhere between a ef and f on a western pen, and smooth as well

So... is that FM... or FM...??? Just kidding!
Im a big fan of my FM or is that FM it's somewhere between a ef and f on a western pen, and smooth as well
Thanks Jason and James and Justin and Andy for the help! I knew you fine enablers could steer me in the right direction!

I ordered the clear 92 from Engeika with the FM nib. Can't wait to get it! I added a bottle of the Pilot Irushu-something-or-other Shin-kai to go with it.

Again, I appreciate everyones input. What a great place this is!

It is a lot of pen for the money, and the ink will look great in the clear Demo as well,... Hope you are thrilled with that pen as I have been with mine. Cant wait to see what you think when you get it, on the plus side Taizo ships quick

I am definitely anxious to receive my new addition and will follow up when I receive it. His site also has great pricing on the Iroshizuki inks so I tossed some in my cart while I was shopping. Got the Shin-Kai to try out a blue-black but can't wait to see this pen with some Asa-ago loaded up!

Thanks again everyone for your input!

Top Bottom