What's new

Dagwood sandwiches

I think it would be fun to see who on B&B can make the most absurd Dagwood, and then post a picture here....what do y'all say?

That is awesome. I gained a pound just looking at the pictures and enjoyed every minute. I better get back to reading about exercise bikes again.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
While not a true Dagwood, this shooter's sandwich is most impressive.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/gallery/2010/apr/07/how-to-make-shooters-sandwich
Chris:
View attachment 512106What an awesome sandwich (perfect 'pub' fare...I would omit the mushrooms, but add sauteed chopped onions and 1 garlic clove, worcestershire sauce, fresh spinach, pepper jack cheese, thyme, a 'touch' of mayo and served with marinated / pickled vegetables)! :drool:

​View attachment 512107 "Enjoy every sandwich because a great sandwich is like life…the more you add, the better it becomes”. Author Unknown

Last edited:
So here's the problem - I wish to insert as much of that into my face as humanly possible. Immediately. However, I'm really not keen on mushrooms. I wonder what else I could use... I'm totally making one of these in the next day or two

I made one a week or two ago with marinated and grilled flank steak, havarti cheese, arugula, sauteed onions and bacon. It was seriously one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Wife and daughters weren't wild about it, too much meat I guess.

Got the idea here, followed this pretty much to the letter:
http://imgur.com/a/mjTN6

Last edited:
Here is a lousy phone pic, looked better in person.
$IMG_0158.jpg

Last edited:
This thread inspired me, I used to love to make these as a kid but they were mostly 4 layers of PB&J. I have had a few as an adult but never at home so I gave it a go. But alas I did keep it to an edible size............So clocking in at 4 inches I give you:

$DS.jpg

Three pieces dark rye
Thick apple wood bacon
Beef bacon
Pastrami
Roast beef
Smoked turkey
Smoked ham
Tillamook sharp cheddar
Havarti cheese
Claussen pickles
Beaver hot mustard
Regular yellow mustard
Best foods mayo

And boy was it good.

The bread may not have been my best choice though as it really absorbed the mayo and became very squishy maybe use it as a filler bread for flavor and a heartier bread for the outside next time!

Not really a sandwich as I don't each much bread, but I ate it with a fork. And yes, that is a full-size dinner plate, so you can see how big the burger was.

From the Bottom up:

Lettuce
Sauteed Onions
Shredded Cheese
Two burgers
Thick Tomato Slice
Fresh Guacamole
More Onions
Franks Red Hot Sauce

Top Bottom