What's new

Thinking of trying a straight, need a little advice please

Some good advice already above. Congrats on taking the plunge! Take it slowly and read up all you can before you start. We'll be here for advice if you run into any snags.

Some good advice already above. Congrats on taking the plunge! Take it slowly and read up all you can before you start. We'll be here for advice if you run into any snags.
Thanks for the advice, I really need to give it a try and see what it's all about, will report back once I am set up and ready to go:001_smile

I managed to win the Whipped Dog sight unseen straight in the Sue Moore fundraiser, already had a message from Larry to say it will be shipped today, great stuff and the charity gets the proceeds as well, pretty much a perfect outcome. Just need the courage to try it out when it arrives:biggrin1:

Excellent. I expect you'll end up prizing it as much (or more) as you would a brand-new very expensive one, once you begin to develop your technique with it. And you also have the satisfaction of knowing that you contributed to a worthy cause in obtaining it. As many others have said, it's a learning experience that may last a lifetime. Congratulations! :001_smile

Will get some pics up as soon as it arrives, it has to get to the UK so might be a little while, really looking forward to getting it:thumbup1:

Congratulations. I hope that you enjoy the process.
Thanks, although your avatar doesn't fill me with confidence:biggrin1:
I will just follow everyone's advice so far and take it slow and see what happens, not expecting anything great at the start but hopefully I will like it enough to keep trying and practicing.

Ha! I'm sure you'll be OK. Really.

I mean it.

(If he bleeds to death during the first shave, I call dibs on all of his worldly possessions.)

Ha! I'm sure you'll be OK. Really.

I mean it.

(If he bleeds to death during the first shave, I call dibs on all of his worldly possessions.)

Think I better get a Will written up before the straight arrives, I will leave you the blood stained razor as you called dibs:biggrin1:

Top Bottom