What's new

Nicked my strop. Badly

So I'm happily stropping away and my 4 year comes into the bathroom and asks:
"What are you doing?"
"I'm stropping, It sharpens the razor"
"Oh, neat"

During my response I somehow manage to nick my strop.
Actually, Its more like I took a 1cm slice out of the side near the handle.

I just lost my concentration for a second and that's what happened.

*sigh*

So I'm happily stropping away and my 4 year comes into the bathroom and asks:
"What are you doing?"
"I'm stropping, It sharpens the razor"
"Oh, neat"

During my response I somehow manage to nick my strop.
Actually, Its more like I took a 1cm slice out of the side near the handle.

I just lost my concentration for a second and that's what happened.

*sigh*

Time to get out the contact or rubber cement and sandpaper. I will probably never be as pretty again, but you can probably make it serviceable again

It's pretty banged up from years of learning but this is a nice slice right out of the side.

I guess I just have a little less length to strop with.

Sounds like the strop is still usable. Years from now you may enjoy being reminded of that exchange with your youngster. The memories associated with the scars is the character part.

Oops! Sorry about that. Maybe a good excuse to get a new one or to suggest a good Christmas gift to SWMBO.

if it was a good strop it would just become shorter. I refuse to trash a good strop. I have trashed several cheapies though and it was far less than a nick or cut.i would probally cut it down and move the handle up.

Has happened to most of us at one time or another. I myself managed it just recently on my walking horse split side strop and I couldn't even blame my young son for it... Thankfully it was an easy repair. Once you fix it up your strop should still be very servicable and possibly even not so noticeable where the slice was.

Top Bottom