What's new

Nhl 2014/2015

NHL 2-14K, or whatever that video game is called, has the Kings beating the Bruins for the Cup.
My team is the Bruins but am also a fan of the Kings (my junior team had Dan Paille, Dustin Brown and Drew "Howdy" Doughty on its roster a billion years ago).
Knowing full well my Bruins will somehow manage to rip out my heart again in the playoffs, yeah, the Kings will probably "reign" supreme eight months from now.
Who ya got for this NHL season?

It can't be as bad as you think, try being a leafs fan from Toronto. I got the Los Angeles Kings winning Lord Stanley's cup again this season, they were my choice for the past two seasons as well. Too good of a playoff team, young and also growing.

Jonathan Quick is as good of a goalie as it gets. Drew Doughty, Alec Martinez and Slava Voynov are top defence men, and with guys like Anze Kopitar, Marian Gaborik and Jeff Carter in the mix, I'm sure they will be able to pull it off again this season. Top it all off with a solid captain in Dustin Brown.

Another win for the LA Kings. Western conference finals with the LA Kings eliminating the Chicago Blackhawks, and I got the Pittsburgh Penguins eliminating the Boston Bruins in the Eastern conference finals.

It can't be as bad as you think, try being a leafs fan from Toronto. I got the Los Angeles Kings winning Lord Stanley's cup again this season, they were my choice for the past two seasons as well. Too good of a playoff team, young and also growing.

Jonathan Quick is as good of a goalie as it gets. Drew Doughty, Alec Martinez and Slava Voynov are top defence men, and with guys like Anze Kopitar, Marian Gaborik and Jeff Carter in the mix, I'm sure they will be able to pull it off again this season. Top it all off with a solid captain in Dustin Brown.

Another win for the LA Kings. Western conference finals with the LA Kings eliminating the Chicago Blackhawks, and I got the Pittsburgh Penguins eliminating the Boston Bruins in the Eastern conference finals.

Great Thread Idea!!! I hope we get lots of thoughts. I like what Tommy says about the Kings. They will finish probably 3-5 in the West, but never have much of a losing streak or even a winning streak. Sutter will coach them solidly like when he coached the Flames years back and told them to play every 7 game stretch like a playoff series and win 4 out of those 7 games. It works! They will be ready for the playoffs........But, will they win the cup?? I say yes if they run into an upstart team like Montreal or The Rangers from last year, but if they play Boston it may be a different story. I think the Bruins are about the only team in the east who can match up physically against the Kings, and perhaps wear them down after a tough run through the Western conference playoffs. Anaheim could be good but they have unproven goaltending which will hurt them.

Id like to see Tampa Bay and the Isles do well in the East....even though the Hurricanes are my team(I hope the finish dead last and get the #1 pick).

Kings vs. Avs in the west final
Lightning vs. Bruins in the East

Kings Vs. Lightning in the finals

Its gonna be a great season

Blackhawks fan here ... and if Crawford stands tall we'll give LA a run again. Might even beat them this time :)

NHL 2-14K, or whatever that video game is called, has the Kings beating the Bruins for the Cup.
My team is the Bruins but am also a fan of the Kings (my junior team had Dan Paille, Dustin Brown and Drew "Howdy" Doughty on its roster a billion years ago).
Knowing full well my Bruins will somehow manage to rip out my heart again in the playoffs, yeah, the Kings will probably "reign" supreme eight months from now.

Are you as stricken as I am about Boychuck?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

IMHO, I doubt the Bruins will do as well this season as they did the last. Chara is yet another year older and slower, good players are gone due to cap issues, and I don't really think (tell me if I'm wrong ... I don't follow that team too closely) they brought in any new guys who are going to be major pieces of the puzzle. Oh, they'll still be really good ... just not as good as last season.

Well after Garth Snow actually did something smart getting Leddy and Boychuk along with shoring up the goaltending situation, I might actually some hope as an Islanders fan this year.

Are you as stricken as I am about Boychuck?

Chiarelli doesn't do this sort of thing without thinking three moves ahead. Johnny Boy's a terrific d-man and will do well on the Isle or Brooklyn or wherever the Hell they're moving to...
I was shocked when they moved my hometown boy, Peverly, to Dallas...and look what happened! Chiarelli got picks for Boychuck, which is money in the bank down the line, I guess.

I know it's only one game, but the Wild looked tough last night. At the very least, with their speed and skill, they should be a lot of fun to watch this season.

The Kings and the Bruins? You like the big bad bullies ey? Lol. I am also a die hard Bruins fan. Cannot believe they lost last night to Detroit... Until last night, they were undefeated :p.

I still am rocking NHL 2013 for Xbox.

And I hope the Bruins can win... Obviously. But I am willing to let any team win as long as they aren't Canadian.

And I hope the Bruins can win... Obviously. But I am willing to let any team win as long as they aren't Canadian.

Another Bruins fan here. Remember going to the original Garden with the hard wooden seats and rats. :)

I too hope the Bruins get to lift Lord Stanley's Cup, but I wouldn't be upset if a team from the Great White North won it. It's been so long. I'm not even sure who has the best shot this year. Maybe - as much as it pains me to say this - les Habitants?

Another Bruins fan here. Remember going to the original Garden with the hard wooden seats and rats. :)

I too hope the Bruins get to lift Lord Stanley's Cup, but I wouldn't be upset if a team from the Great White North won it. It's been so long. I'm not even sure who has the best shot this year. Maybe - as much as it pains me to say this - les Habitants?

Blasphemy!

Well America's top hat hasn't won the Stanley cup in about 20 years. And I remember going to two games in the Boston Garden (I was young, but I remember).
TD bank north is over going a massive face lift. Exciting stuff. Some of the photos look great. Next time Im in Nee England, I will need to see a game!

TD bank north is over going a massive face lift. Exciting stuff. Some of the photos look great. Next time Im in Nee England, I will need to see a game!

I remember when they tore down the original Garden and built TD Bank. They sold seats and pieces of seats from the original Garden. I have a seat back; my parents, who were season ticket holders in the early 70s, got the seat backs of their old seat numbers and the section they used to sit in.

NJ Devils fan here. Off to a 2-0 start, with 11 goals scored so far! I think we'll be back in the playoffs this year, and can make a good run. Cory Schneider will be a Vezina candidate.

Top Bottom