What's new

Does your stubble feel different?

This might just be me, when I used to shave with a cart my face would feel rough for about two days and then start to soften up as the beard got longer, recently I had to miss a day of shaving for the first time in a while and I noticed my beard started to feel soft again after a little over one days growth. Even my stubble doesn't feel as rough. I'm trying to figure out is this my shaving soap or is it because a de cuts differently? I had heard that carts mostly pull out your hair not cut it and I really feel like that's not the case with my safety razor.

I'm not really sure either but my face definitely feel allot healthier and beard feels softer after making the switch!

My stubble definitely feels different, but I describe it in a much different way. For me, my stubble feels more even than in my cartridge days. Nowadays, one or two days after a shave, it feels like every hair is exactly the same length.

This week, I went about 5 days without shaving. My beard felt more uniform as it grew in. I don't think it was any softer, but it did seem like it didn't catch on any little bit of blanket, short, or dog hair like when I used either a beard trimmer, electric, or carts.

Mine doesn't feel any different but it has taken on this lovely angelic white color in the last few years. Must be the soap.

That's my experience also.

My stubble definitely feels different, but I describe it in a much different way. For me, my stubble feels more even than in my cartridge days. Nowadays, one or two days after a shave, it feels like every hair is exactly the same length.

Yep, uniform stubble and less bumps! The skin on my face is looking better and better too - probably because I'm actually paying attention to it now.

Another vote for "uniform stubble", which sounds like some government issue directive. I can see Gunnery Sergeant Hartman going down the inspection line. "Toe jam...pop that blister...is that a jelly donut in your foot locker...uniform stubble...".

My stubble is more uniform, and actually looks better than when I was using carts. Its just a guess on my part, but I think its the single edge blades we use that just cut better.

Mine doesn't feel any different but it has taken on this lovely angelic white color in the last few years. Must be the soap.

Hey! That's it, I had begun to think I was victim of some Chinese bioterrorism when my beard started turning white, but your idea makes so much more sense.:thumbup:

Not only does a three day stubble feel better, it even looks better. Somehow, it looks less scruffy than in the bad ol' cartridge days.

It seems like mine looks lighter. After 3 or so days of not shaving, it's not NEARLY as dark as it use to be.

Top Bottom