What's new

Top 10 things that need to go

Feeling curmudgeonly. In no particular order...

10. Movies filmed in "camcorder-vision". It was old five minutes into "The Blair Witch Project" and it has not improved with age.

9. TV talent shows with a panel of judges. Dreadful stuff.

8. Celebrities who fly a private jet, then ride in a chauffeured SUV to an event to warn us about the dangers of carbon emissions...before returning to homes that burn more british thermal units than a Soviet reactor.

7. "Teenagers vs. The Dystopia" movies. Remember when guys like Heston used to fight The Dystopia?

6. The entirety of daytime television.

5. Baseball caps with flat, unformed bills. And the saggy pants with the underwear showing can catch the same bus out of town too.

4. Local television news. There was a car wreck. An official was indicted. An apartment caught fire. Kids at school did something. People were arrested. There. Now you never have to watch it again.

3. ISIS. Why aren't these people dead yet?

2. Rosie O'Donnell.

1. The phrases "It is what it is" and "At the end of the day...".

10. +1
9. +1
8. ++1
7. +1 They can't even clean there room let alone the world
6. +1
5. +1
4. I'll keep the local and give the Hallmark channel the boot
3. +1 AMEN!
2. Didn't know she was back. But let's give Al Sharpton the curtain
1. The phrase "My Bad" and "hashtag"

Cable TV
Cigarettes
Loud music in coffee shops, grocery stores, everywhere you go
TV Screens in coffee shops and restaurants
eCigarettes
Business controlling governments
Pollution, greenhouse gasses
Motorbikes made artificially loud
Profanity

...9. TV talent shows with a panel of judges. Dreadful stuff...
I don't know. I remember watching the Gong Show and it was sometimes entertaining, well at least in the earlier days of it.

With that said, I agree with you that the current trend of so-called "talent" shows needs to go. I wouldn't mind if they dried up and blew away with the wind, along with so-called "reality" shows too.

Feeling curmudgeonly. In no particular order...

10. Movies filmed in "camcorder-vision". It was old five minutes into "The Blair Witch Project" and it has not improved with age.

9. TV talent shows with a panel of judges. Dreadful stuff.

8. Celebrities who fly a private jet, then ride in a chauffeured SUV to an event to warn us about the dangers of carbon emissions...before returning to homes that burn more british thermal units than a Soviet reactor.

7. "Teenagers vs. The Dystopia" movies. Remember when guys like Heston used to fight The Dystopia?

6. The entirety of daytime television.

5. Baseball caps with flat, unformed bills. And the saggy pants with the underwear showing can catch the same bus out of town too.

4. Local television news. There was a car wreck. An official was indicted. An apartment caught fire. Kids at school did something. People were arrested. There. Now you never have to watch it again.

3. ISIS. Why aren't these people dead yet?

2. Rosie O'Donnell.

1. The phrases "It is what it is" and "At the end of the day...".

+1

1. Anyone over 21 wearing sports team jerseys
2. Batters in MLB stepping out and re-doing their batting glove Velcro after each pitch
3. the phrase "the fact of the matter is......."

In no particular order:

1. Drivers who use hazard lights in the rain while in motion.
2. Changing clocks twice a year.
3. The Democratic and Republican parties.
4. The Citizens United case.
5. Proliferation of faux reality TV.
6. Deification of celebrities.
7. Ignorance, intolerance, and hate.
8. For profit corporate owned public charter schools who pick and choose the best students (my wife is a public school teacher)
9. Most of the US income tax code.
10. Columbus Day as a national holiday. Replace it with the day after Thankagiving.

1)Celebrities retiring. No you didn't retire, you just can't come up with anything to sell, if your tired, just say hey I'm taking a little break

2) Sunglasses indoors. I don't even have to add to this.

3) Video games that simulate life. I wonder if anyone's dying wish was that they played more Sims.

4) The Wyatt Family- Am I watching professional wrestling or is this a Rob zombie movie? Its pro wrestling, its already ridiculous enough as it is.

5) internet enabled appliances. Why does a washer and dryer need internet access? Is it going to post status updates on my laundry situation to my Facebook time line? Or will In app purchases make my laundry go faster. Your socks and underwear will be ready in 35 minutes, click here to pay $1 to have it ready now. Will amazon show me offers based on my laundry? (maybe it will be self help books, or fashion magazines).

6) Face book. Why are you into everything? No I do not have a facebook account. If its work related call me on my phone, using facebook for official work related stuff is very unprofessional.

7) country music trying to be like hip hop/rock. The formula for the last 60 years was good enough, sing about your dog dying, your ex taking off with your truck and the state of Texas.
And just playing an acoustic guitar does not make you country, it makes you unplugged.

8)Cell phones. Back in the day, the only people who had pagers or cellphones were drug dealers and doctors. If your not serving the country in that capacity put the phone up and have a face to face conversation.

9)As seen on TV. I dont know how i survived without half that crap. Oh double the offer with $20 shipping and handling, let me just throw more money at you.

10) people mentioned this before, Reality TV. I feel sick for our future.

In no particular order:

8. For profit corporate owned public charter schools who pick and choose the best students (my wife is a public school teacher)
10. Columbus Day as a national holiday. Replace it with the day after Thankagiving.

In regards to #2, move to phoenix, never have to change them...its great!

In no particular order:

Can we keep the Public Charters that use a straight up lottery system?

1. Bad spelling.
2. Bad grammar.
3. Text speak.
4. Text speak while actually talking.
5. Manufacturing in China.

people saying "no offense, but" because we all know you are about to offend someone.

Rodney Dangerfield had a lifetime authorization to use that phrase, but now that he's gone and nobody can deliver that line as he could, it should be grandfathered.

This one I want to shout

APATHY!!!!!
"What's the point in voting?"
"Sure somebody else can do it"
"That's why there are people paid to pick up litter"
"Why do I need to find out anything else?"

Apathy really grinds my gears!

This one I want to shout

APATHY!!!!!
"What's the point in voting?"
"Sure somebody else can do it"
"That's why there are people paid to pick up litter"
"Why do I need to find out anything else?"

Apathy really grinds my gears!

+1,000,000. Get educated, get involved, vote!

Top Bottom