What's new

Favorite Fall Foods

I thought that fall is in full swing now and I wanted to know what are/is your favorite fall dishes? I got mine ready, good ole pumpkin pie.

I love me some imonikai

$b10_imoyamagata.jpg

Andrew; That looks delicious!

It's so good! We usually bring a huge pot and make it at picnics. Yamagata prefecture is famous for it originally but it's really a Tohoku specialty. In Miyagi prefecture we use miso paste for the broth instead of soy sauce.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Roasted Chicken is back on the menu. I will soon make some Chicken Barbacoa (here made with Pork but chicken is best).

Spaghetti meatballs are also back! Also, I got an alternative where I cook a spaghetti sauce with a piece of veal (with bone) in the sauce all day. The result is fantastic!

Pizza is also coming back but inside

Clam Chowder. New England style. I especially like it on days when its raining, cold and clammy (no pun intended) outside.

I like it thick and chunky, so if it is condensed, I will add half the recommended amount of whole milk.

I will also dump in a can of minced clams to add to the solids.

Top it off with ground pepper / Old Bay / thyme / whatever seasonings happen to be on hand.

Saltines or Oyster crackers, maybe a slice of sourdough bread ... Mmmmmm, good!

Crock Pot Chili made with stew meat then adding sour cream and shredded cheese when served.

Clam Chowder. New England style. I especially like it on days when its raining, cold and clammy (no pun intended) outside.

Top it off with ground pepper / Old Bay / thyme / whatever seasonings happen to be on hand.

Saltines or Oyster crackers, maybe a slice of sourdough bread ... Mmmmmm, good!

Two of my cold weather favorites! I also like spareribs in the fall. Must be the football!

Top Bottom