What's new

Would you shave someone else?

Would you straight shave someone else

• No way!

• Sure, bring in the victim.

• I already have (and my or may not have served time)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was talking with some guys who were amazed that I started using a straight razor. One of the guys jokingly suggested that I could open a shave shop and charge for straight shaves. I didn't even have to even think about it, There is no way I would shave someone else. No way!
So the question is simple:
Would you straight shave someone else?

Last edited:
I would, but only SWMBO. I've finally got her wet shaving, but she won't touch DE or straights. I've offered to help, but she's ok with just jet brush and soap.

I have watched someone being shaved with a straight razor by another...makes my stomach (and other parts :blushing: ) clench up...can't imagine doing it myself.

Moreover...I am too chicken to consider doing to myself! :blink:

Maybe because I'm still only a few months into this but I receive so much feed back from the blade feel on the face. I think it would be hard shaving without that blade feel.

No. Something about maneuvering my hands over a strange guy's face the way I do mine when I shave is off-putting. Maybe not rational, but I still don't like the idea.

The same thing goes for the other way around.

An exception would be to accomodate someone with a medical issue that previously shaved with a straight but couldn't any longer.

No. Something about maneuvering my hands over a strange guy's face the way I do mine when I shave is off-putting. Maybe not rational, but I still don't like the idea.

The same thing goes for the other way around.

An exception would be to accomodate someone with a medical issue that previously shaved with a straight but couldn't any longer.
I'm afraid I would CREATE a "medical issue" [emoji15]

Gave my father in law a shave a few times

Attachments

• $seraphim shave.jpg
    $seraphim shave.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 279
I'll occasionally shave my sons and I often shave my wife's legs. The boys aren't too keen on it but my wife loves the pampering.

Not my cup of tea, but I have shaved my 87 year-old dad a time or two when he has been in the hospital with a cart.

Long story but I belong to a motorcycle group (Japanese motorcycle touring group, not that other kind) and there is a national rally every year. Last year one of the members grew a beard during the rally and started a poll on that forum as to what he should do with it- I responded that a REAL man would shave it off with a straight (humorously). That devolved somehow into my shaving him at the next national rally for a charity. He grew his beard and I had a beautiful old Torry restored for the event. Oh, did I mention the gentleman is a Presbyterian minister? No matter, he sat down, I covered him in a genuine Mickey Mouse slicker and some of my best lather and proceeded to chop that thing off his face. It was a one- pass, WTG shave and frankly it was lousy.... BUT.... I did not cut him (three small weepers on his chin that altogether did not make a single drop of blood and left no mark or scab) and did get the beard off. In front of perhaps 150 people. We raised $685 for the charity. Then the crowd called for me to shave his head.... at which point the good Reverend agreed IF the group raised $2,000.... They came close at something like $1,600 but could not quite get to the $2000 so Chuck went home with a head of hair.

It was amusing, a great time (I told the famous "Cat Joke" TM during the shave) and almost unbelievably stressful.... for me. I was not worried about chafing Chuck's 'Boss' but it is just not my job in this world to damage or wound other people.

It is actually an interesting experience because while there is no feedback from the skin being shaved of course, there seems to be more feedback from the razor, both physically and audibly.

Brian

I was talking with some guys who were amazed that I started using a straight razor. One of the guys jokingly suggested that I could open a shave shop and charge for straight shaves. I didn't even have to even think about it, There is no way I would shave someone else. No way!
So the question is simple:
Would you straight shave someone else?

Since this is in the Straight Razor forum, I voted "No". I have used a DE to shave the legs of my SWMBO, but that was for demonstration purposes.

Top Bottom