What's new

Would you shave someone else?

Would you straight shave someone else

• No way!

• Sure, bring in the victim.

• I already have (and my or may not have served time)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would.....definitely. But only with a Feather Artist Club. That's the closest thing unless they bring their own razor. The SWMBO agrees, she's a Cosmetologist, and sometimes would comment that I should've gone to Barber School. She keeps reminding me now that she sees me using a straight.

Last edited:
I would not. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me shaving someone else seems like it would be more difficult that shaving myself. On MY face there is some feedback provided by the surface of my skin hardwired directly to my brain. This gives me important information about angle and comfort and maybe even blade sharpness. If I nick myself I know to back off immediately. On someone else there may be more of a tendancy to follow through with the stroke and make it worse than it otherwise would have been. I dont know though, just my thoughts.

I shaved a few guys at work. No cuts, no weepers. Over all good shaves.
I actually found it easier to shave others than myself

Last edited:
I had a girl I used to shave (carts) back in the day. Four hands and no mirrors makes for a better job, and done to my satisfaction... And it made for a great start to a good night.

I have one that wants a go, and a couple others who are intrigued. What can I say, I know some sporting girls. I'd only do it with/to my girl, and I trust myself to do it with a straight now. Yes, I know the health risks, which is why I'd only do it with a woman I'm fluid bonded with already, who also understood the risks and trusted me.

Shave another dude? Uh... Why? :blush:

I can shave someone else easier with a straight than I can shave myself. Taught my daughter at 13 to shave me & I bet you she is the only junior at chapel hill who can straight shave her boyfriend.

Please, No...yes....or ......have? Tongue in cheek maybe added at no charge :thumbup:.

I'm actually surprised that as of now the "Yes" + "Have" is greater than "Nos" I'm impressed with all yours nerves of steel.

I envy Seraphim. At least he had those/that moment with his father. My father was a DE shaver all his life. As a child, I used to see all of those silly Gillette "Best a Man can get", and Norelco commercials. I remember as a child, I saved up enough to get him some of those as presents in some manner or another. Though he graciously accepted, he always resorted back to his trusty, black butterfly Parker DE.

Back in 2011, he suffered a stroke and was incapacitated over 75% of his body, including speech. He was in NYC and I'm in So. Cal. When I finally saw him laying there in a nursing home, being fed, changed and shaved with a electric razor by orderlies... Now, thinking back, I would give ANYTHING, to have given him a few decent straight, or even DE shaves before he passed away in April 2012, so he could experienced the pleasure of true wet shave, not that horrid tug and chop by a electric before he went.

2 words of wisdom I will always remember from him:

1. Finding a good woman is better than hitting the lottery
2. Remember to shave

yes, I cry most times when I think about those words.

Last edited:
After watching videos of barbers from all over the world shaving clients with straights I think I would do a great job (comfortable BBS in 3 passes). No one I know has volunteered and I have asked a few times. :lol:

I think with some more practice I would. I also think that the angles would be easier to find.

Unlike some on here I would have no qualms about touching another chap's face - it's certainly not unmanly to do so, or every barber in the world is unmanly!

My dad uses a electric razor all the time. He just had knee surgery last week and didn't shave. When he got home was complaining about he face needing shaved so I offered to straight shave he said yes. It went very well no nicks or weepers and omost 98% BBS he loved it so may do it more often for him.

Top Bottom