What's new

New shoes

New eBay acquisition...

$sh1.jpg

$sh2.jpg

Hopefully transatlantic shipping won't take too long!

Congrats! I love to hear our American shoes are going across the pond to be enjoyed. It's usually the opposite :lol:

Glad you like them, folks! They're new old stock, and they have leather soles with a finish that should soon wear off - although I'll probably only wear them around the house on soft carpets to start :001_cool:

I've loved the look of the Florsheim Imperial brogues since I first saw a pair, and they're obviously extremely well made - the triple layer sole, and the nailing and cleating, are wonderful. Vintage sellers in Europe often have them in good condition, but they're expensive - so when I saw that NOS pair I just couldn't resist.

Oh, and I paid $272 inc shipping, which seemed like a pretty good price to me.

Last edited:
Congrats! I love to hear our American shoes are going across the pond to be enjoyed. It's usually the opposite :lol:

Yeah, there are some stunningly good shoes made in the USA - I really wish there was more of a UK retail presence.

How much does Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs want?

The package will either get through undisturbed, or I'll be stung for around $67 (including the amount the Post Office charges for collecting the tax). So at worst, that's about $340 or £212 in total.

Last edited:
Great looking wingtips. Always been one of my favorite shoe styles (I'm wearing a pair of Doc Marten black on blacks as we speak).

Top Bottom