What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, October 2014 - Frankenrazors

The time has come when, once more, unnatural beasts roam freely here at B&B. What freakish golems have you unleashed on your face? Bring them out from your darkened workshops and into the light of day, whether we will reach for them in desire or recoil screaming with maddening horror, for October is again the month of...

The Frankenrazor

$Annex - Karloff, Boris (Bride of Frankenstein, The)_03.jpg

I'm not a fan of the original handles of razors, so I always shave with a Frankenrazor. It's also fun to switch the top caps around and see what sort of weird combo you can come up with. I can't wait to see what everyone else creates!

I use all my vintage razors with their original handles, I'm weird I know that ... The only that gets used with a modern SS handle is the R41.

Then, since the R41 rosegold handle was collecting dust, I paired it with this Soluna OC head, nice shaver btw.
It still collects dust ... :lol: But at least now it looks cool, IMO.
$CAM01609.jpg
$CAM01610.jpg
$CAM01611.jpg

The only scary thing about my replated Old Style head/Fat Tech handle is that the blade has a bit too much play and needs to be manually aligned before the final tighten.

BTW, I pronounce it FronkenrahzOr.

Frakenrazor reloaded...

.$2014-10-13 12.35.44.jpg

The bottom has been worked into the handle. So the part between the head and the handle.

Question on frankenrazors. I have a Gillette LC Franken. I think the top cap is from a tech, it has a diamond pattern and the Gillette name in gold etch in the cap. Are the caps of the Tech and LC the same or by them being mixed am I not getting a true LC shave?

Question on frankenrazors. I have a Gillette LC Franken. I think the top cap is from a tech, it has a diamond pattern and the Gillette name in gold etch in the cap. Are the caps of the Tech and LC the same or by them being mixed am I not getting a true LC shave?

The caps are virtually the same.

However, some people use a Tech cap with a NEW, which according to their reports makes for a smoother shave. Other people tried the same and didn't notice any difference, as always YMMV applies.

I wouldn't worry about that, surely isn't a completely different shave just because of the cap, in fact if it really makes a difference, most likely is for the better.

Top Bottom