What's new

Scented inks?

Hey gang, I was browsing Goulet's ink samples and the wife caught sight of the De Atramentis scented inks. I did a quick google search but only found stuff on FPN........ So have any of you guys had any experience with these or other scented inks? My wife loves the new Mr. Sketch scented markers with the farting blueberry, so this thread is at HER request LOL

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
There have been a couple of threads about them but they have fallen flat quickly ... I'm guessing not too popular around here.

There have been a couple of threads about them but they have fallen flat quickly ... I'm guessing not too popular around here.
I kinda gathered. One can judge a topic rather quickly by the amount (or lack thereof) of threads regarding the subjects. I'm trying to get SWMBO interested in FP's and i figured at this point the plethora of inks available would do it. I may have to get a few samples of the scented stuff to indulge her.

I kinda gathered. One can judge a topic rather quickly by the amount (or lack thereof) of threads regarding the subjects. I'm trying to get SWMBO interested in FP's and i figured at this point the plethora of inks available would do it. I may have to get a few samples of the scented stuff to indulge her.

For what it's worth, I recently watched a Goulet QA where Brian discussed these scented inks.
He said the novelty is for the writer rather than the recipient because the fade away completely within 1-2 hours.
Perhaps a little spray of a favorite frag would be a better way to evoke emotions in a letter :)

All that being said... If it helps her support your hobby, I recommend two of each [emoji106]

I had a sample from an old Goulet Ink Drop. I forget what the ink or sent was but it was one of the De Atramentis. The smell was not very strong and dissipated VERY quickly!

I have samples of De Atramentis Cherry, Tobacco, and Fir from Goulet. I have the Cherry in my Reform 1745. It smells kind of like Cherry NyQuil. The color itself is pretty nice, and I'd consider buying it for that alone, but the scent isn't anything special, and as mentioned it doesn't last very long. I haven't run the Fir or Tobacco though any pen yet, so I don't know how they look on paper, but the Fir smells like floor cleaner, which doesn't put me in any rush to actually use it. The Tobacco, though, has a very nice, smell to it. I'm not sure if I'd call it tobacco, but it's a pleasant, slightly sweet scent that I quite like. I'll be inking up that once the cherry runs dry.

Sorry to get off track from the topic. OP: I know absolutely nothing about scented inks. :blush:
Maybe try using the Veg as an ink: would probably be invisible AND have a lasting scent...

Sorry to get off track from the topic. OP: I know absolutely nothing about scented inks. :blush:
Maybe try using the Veg as an ink: would probably be invisible AND have a lasting scent...

Would you be able to drop touch of cologne or aftershave in an ink without messing it up? That'd be kind of interesting to have an Arlington scented ink if it would hold up.

Would you be able to drop touch of cologne or aftershave in an ink without messing it up? That'd be kind of interesting to have an Arlington scented ink if it would hold up.
Hmm.....that would be interesting. However to get back to the original subject, I received some scented soap samples as I really liked the colors as well. The only one that smells accurate to me is De Atramentis black roses. Smells pretty darn close. The rest smell like cough syrup or some funky lotion

Top Bottom