What's new

Spectacular Fall Saturday

One the benefits of living in the Natural State (Arkansas), it has fantastic state parks. There is one just north us about an hours drive. On Saturday, we went to Devils Den State Park with our Basset, Bailey.

The weather was great for a fall hike. We took the trail up the rim of rock croppings. In the spring there are waterfalls cascading down the rock croppings.

It has been awhile since we went there. Since the last time I have lost weight and have a triple bypass. Yesterday's walk was a victory for me. The hike was overly difficult as it had in the pass.

Bailey, had a great time exploring and smell everything. She did very well climbing the rocky trail despite her short legs. Everyone that passed us stopped and gave her a pet.her, she enjoys that also. She was tuckered out when we got home.

We saw a very strange colored and looking fungi too.

Kind of misunderstood the 'Fall' part being from the UK, was expecting to see someone tumbling down a hill or something:blushing:
Sounds like you had a great day there:001_smile

Last edited:
Kind of misunderstood the 'Fall' part being from the UK, was expecting to see someone tumbling down a hill or something:blushing:
Sounds like you had a great day there:001_smile

Don't worry, it's not the UK thing, I was expecting the same thing, lol! Glad it wasn't and looks like a great hike! Everything is still brown and crunchy here, severe drought and emergency status water rationing to boot. I do wish we had a proper autumn here, it's normally just 3 weeks then the rain and cold hits.

I sounds and looks like a great day! :001_smile

I've only driven through Arkansas, but it sure was a life saver when me and a friend was road tripping last year. We left New Orleans on Thanksgiving, and hadn't eaten for almost 24 hours since everything was closed, and we finally managed to find a Waffle House in Arkansas that was open. One of the best meals of my life. Haha.

We were both studying abroad, and lived in Champaign, IL, for the fall semester. When we road tripped we drove from Illinois to New Orleans and back, during Thanksgiving break. It was pretty neat to start in a full blown fall weather and drive down to a late summer and then back up again. Lots of spectacular fall colors that were all in different levels of progress.

The landscapes and towns we visited were all so different from Sweden (where I'm from) and Germany (where my friend is from) Beautiful too!

I'm originally from southwest Missouri and Devils Den was one of the first places my dad took me camping, I would love to go back some day

That's not something you read everyday :biggrin:

Haha. It might have had something to do with going +24 h without food. I think. ;) It was some good waffles, though. And interesting guests that came to that particular Waffle House on Thanksgiving, around dinner time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Haha. It might have had something to do with going +24 h without food. I think. ;) It was some good waffles, though. And interesting guests that came to that particular Waffle House on Thanksgiving, around dinner time.

They aren't bad, really.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
cool photos Brad. Congrats on your victory hike!
I love to get out and hike, problem is I never do.

Top Bottom