What's new

Cobra blades, myth or reality ?

I have a Cobra, and by desing it can only take blades with a 8mm width.
Like Feather ProGuard / Pro , Captain Kai etc.....

But not those Super Pro blades with 8.2mm width, or the blade will not be seated properly, and it might be hazardous to shave.

Some people claim there is a 2nd batch of theose Cobras able to take the wider blades......

Mecanically I dont see how it can handle 2 widths while holding both of them securly ????

Any thoughs or prooof about this ?

Tnx

Jay
:glare:

Last edited:
I have owned Cobras from numerous Classic Shaving releases, but have never been successful fitting the Super Pros in the razor. Others apparently have. Classic Shaving has never advertised the razor as accepting the blades, so I never got hung up on the fact that mine "would not work."

I have one of the most recently produced Cobra Classic's and only use the Feather Pro blades.
I tried the Kai Milds and they fit fine, I just prefer the Feather blades.

I have a Cobra Classic from the last run and I can use Super and Pro Guard blades in it. I also have a Cobra Classic from the first run and it can not use those blades (can not even get the blade holder to close). My King Cobra also can take the Supers and Pro Guard blades. Not sure what the difference is but there has been some changes made in the later razors.

I just used a SUper in the Pass Around of The Cobra Classic from another Forumn last. Fits just fine!

The holes in the head where the blade holder pivots are a little larger on the later Cobras. As I understand, this was done to allow them to accept the other blades in the Feather Pro series.

Top Bottom