Favorite type of roast

What's Everyone's Favorite Roast Of Coffee

• Dark Roast

• Medium - Dark Roast Coffee

• Medium Roast Coffee

• Light Roast Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really like the Javapura Don Teofilo
Its a small batch costa rica coffee that can be purchased green, regular and dark roast. They really take the time to roast it slow and low and it makes for a mellow but full and hearty cup without a lot of bitterness.

http://javapura.com/merchant2/merch...de=0001&Product_Code=CR-DT&Category_Code=TYPE

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412459212.348398.jpg

The problem that I see with dark roasts is that way too many turn the beans into charcoal.

I prefer medium, medium-dark.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My initial thought was identical to Tony's. Medium for my coffee. Sometimes medium dark. I dislike the ashtray effect of a very dark roast.

I can get a NICE chocolate flavor out of Brazilian peaberry beans to the point that SWMBO says it is NOT coffee but hot chocolate.

that is about the only bean I have been able to get good taste out of a dark roast (full city +).

I normally roast city (light american style coffee) for pour overs and go a little darker city + or full city for espresso blends.

For me it is the bean that tells me how it wants to be roasted, not me telling the bean what to do

I chose Light and Medium, but it really depends on the bean and goal of the roast profile.

That being said, I can do a City+ roast that takes 11 minutes or a city+ roast that takes 13, or one with a 1:30 duration first crack or a 2:30 minute duration first crack, and they'll be different.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My initial thought was identical to Tony's. Medium for my coffee. Sometimes medium dark. I dislike the ashtray effect of a very dark roast.

I was very ignorant when I posted this. For many months I have been greatly enjoying roasts with beans roasted to the point of shiny and sweating oil. (This roaster calls this medium and then rubber stamps it with French Roast . . .I don't know . . . I'm still learning) My aversion to "Dark" seems to have come from purchases of carbonized coffee.

I was very ignorant when I posted this. For many months I have been greatly enjoying roasts with beans roasted to the point of shiny and sweating oil. (This roaster calls this medium and then rubber stamps it with French Roast . . .I don't know . . . I'm still learning) My aversion to "Dark" seems to have come from purchases of carbonized coffee.

No it's fine.

Top Bottom