What's new

Simpsons Vanilla + Rose; Marco is right!

Gents, can anyone tell me how the simpsons cream compares to my beloved Castle Forbes Lime in terms of performance? I've yet to use a cream that can claim parity. I know that Marco loves Castle Forbes. I'm awaiting delivery of the Cafe Latte Simpsons cream after watching Geofatboys review. Maybe I'll have to order some Rose and Vanilla too....:thumbup:

Great review. I really would like to try the caffe latte version, this has made me want to try it even more but I must work through my current supplies first!

Oh you gents will enjoy the cafe latte! Just remember it may smell good enough to eat -- but dont. [emoji3]

I'm not Marco but I have CF, TOBS, Proraso, DRH, Speick, AoS and St James here to compare. I'd put the Simpsons cream up against any of them. Its a wonderful product in all respects.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Oh you gents will enjoy the cafe latte! Just remember it may smell good enough to eat -- but dont. [emoji3]

I'm not Marco but I have CF, TOBS, Proraso, DRH, Speick, AoS and St James here to compare. I'd put the Simpsons cream up against any of them. Its a wonderful product in all respects.

I agree, Sir. And I am Marco. :wink2:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ciao bella Marco,

I have the Simpsons Rose and the Citrus but I'm thinking about the Cafe late. Can you give me a good description of its scent?

Grazie mille paisan,
Craig

Craig, I have not tested all the fragrances - actually only four until now: Unscented, Vanilla & Rose, Citrus Burst and Sandalwood. The Vanilla & Rose is unquestionably my favourite, while the Sandalwood has been a lovely surprise considering that Sandalwood as a scent is not exactly my cup of tea. About the Caffe Latte I'm sure however it's great. The formula is still that and my friend Mark is a huge connoisseur of Italian coffee and, as me, loves the Vergnano for moka!

Indeed--thanks to Marco again. I just tried it for the first time yesterday, and it's simply superb.

A couple of things. One, I ordinarily use double the usual recommended "almond-sized dollop" with most creams for best results. No need with the Simpsons, a single almond will do. :thumbup1: Two, the scent is really long-lasting. My aftershave did battle with it, and lost. Long after my aftershave had quit, there was the rose, even at the end of the day. Nice!

Okay yes, I have Citrus Burst on the way. :lol:

Sorry for the necropost, but does anyone know of some place to acquire a sample of this cream? I have a sudden interest in trying a rose cream, but I don't want a whole tub of anything.

The Rose scent is the one, a must have, in any shave den IMO.
And I'm reading too much about Simpsons... I'm going to be hooked!

I'm just happy that a fine British cream maker has decided against obnoxious coloring. Amazon has it for $18.50. I ordered some Simpsons and expect to have it in a few days.

Top Bottom