What's new

Schick injectors. What's your experiences, good or bad.

+1 Perhaps like a Porsche resembles a VW Beetle. :001_smile There is a family resemblance because carts evolved (or should I say devolved) from injectors.

Injectors are the easiest, most intuitive shave there is, in my opinion.

They don't get quite as close as the R41, but they are a great shave.

Does it perform? Yes, very well.

The technique is different than DE but I think its more intuitive because the flat head assists with keeping the blade angle.

Blade choice is limited but I find that refreshing. The blades are more expensive, 5-6 times per blade than DE. I don't get that many more shaves from them but a nickel per shave isn't bad.

I have tried your model but I like every Schick I have.

oh and there's more $P1100388.jpg

I have tried everything and the most effortless shaves are injectors.... I rotate between my Schick adjustable and a Cobra Classic . No DE comes close...

Coolbus - I burst out laughing when I saw your collection! To think I was excited to have one injector!! I've got some catching up to do :thumbup:

You are absolutely right, but I get a better, more pleasant shave from DE razors.
I actually find the opposite. While I still use DE razors, I have found the injectors to offer a more consistently close shave. I suspect some of this comes down to the blades, with the SE blades having greater longevity and being more rigid, with less flex. That said, it all comes down to personal preference.

One thing I do wish was that there were all metal Schick injectors that were easily obtainable. I have a PAL adjustable and like its weight. Doors anyone here have the all-metal F type (I think that's it?) that was made in the early 40's? I don't imagine those are easy to come by

I actually find the opposite. While I still use DE razors, I have found the injectors to offer a more consistently close shave. I suspect some of this comes down to the blades, with the SE blades having greater longevity and being more rigid, with less flex. That said, it all comes down to personal preference.

One thing I do wish was that there were all metal Schick injectors that were easily obtainable. I have a PAL adjustable and like its weight. Doors anyone here have the all-metal F type (I think that's it?) that was made in the early 40's? I don't imagine those are easy to come by

You might like The Cobra, Harvid. Although not an injector. I keep missing my opportunity to obtain one. The price is daunting to many.

http://www.classicshaving.com/the-cobra-classic-w-deluxe-gift-box.html#.VDDAvb63DA4

I have lusted after those, but they always seem to be out of stock and they never last long on the BST. I am on the Batch 2 list for the Mongoose, so hopefully those will appear soon. I would still love a modern injector though.

I have lusted after those, but they always seem to be out of stock and they never last long on the BST. I am on the Batch 2 list for the Mongoose, so hopefully those will appear soon. I would still love a modern injector though.
Is that the same or different than the "King Cobra Classic"..I love that design, but not sure I can shell out $239 for it.

Although...I just signed up for their email list...15% off my first order...that'll bring it closer to $200...

Is that the same or different than the "King Cobra Classic"..I love that design, but not sure I can shell out $239 for it.

Although...I just signed up for their email list...15% off my first order...that'll bring it closer to $200...
The Mongoose uses the same types of blades as the Cobra and King Cobra (Feather Pro or the Kai equivalents) but is instead a 3-piece stainless steel razor that is a bit less expensive (approximately $150). People have said that the 3-piece design hold the blade more firmly. It also allows you to use other handles as it uses a standard threading. That said, I have yet to try any of the new SE razors, but there are several threads on these razors here. Also check out YouTube for videos on these razors.

It all comes down to personal preferences. You are right. I do use my injector regularly, to easily get under the nose. As for the Cobra and Mongoose, I would love to try these. I am open to trying almost anything. I am not open to experimenting with a razor that will cost me over $200. I hear they might sell a head only, for one of the razors? Any further info on that yet?

I bought one of those all brass Schick injectors at the local junk store the other day for four dollars.

Top Bottom