What's new

Looking for Indycar/CART keyring

I didn't want to post this in the B/S/T section, as it is not really shaving related. Basically, I have been trying to find a nice Indycar or [preferrably] CART keyring. The IRL site used to have a very nice keyring last year (or the year before, I can't remember), but now their stuff isn't that nice anymore. CART is of course not around anymore, but sometimes a nice example does show up on ebay (though shipping is always horrendous).

As such, I was wondering if anyone on this board had a reasonably priced, and great looking keyring of CART or the new Indycar Series (or the Indy 500). CART would be preferred, but as it was such a great series, I realise people may not wish to part from their memoribilia. The keyring should, however, be in good condition, and, as I said, reasonably priced.

Are the key chains on the Indy 500 web page not what you're looking for? Are you looking for one with an IndyCar logo on it? Most of their stuff has the logo for each respective years Indy 500 on it. Other than the IMS or IndyCar web pages I don't know where to look. I do seem to remember that last season Panther Racing made some key chains/fobs from carbon fiber taken from a wrecked car. I think it had the Panther Racing logo on it though, not IndyCar's. Anyway, you might try their webpage to find contact info. Or try the Ganassi Racing site, they have an online store.

I agree about the IndyCar selection of swag, it looks too much like NASCAR stuff. All gaudy and ugly for the most part.

I'll have to check, forgot about the teams. I just wish the real CART was still around. I mean pre-champcar (though champcar was good) when the cars were really fast, and there was still good oval racing with road courses and street circuits mixed in.

Well, since the IRL - Champ Car merger it seems that the new IndyCar series going to be basically CART 2.0. The IRL is picking up Long Beach and it looks like they'll add the Toronto Grand Prix in 2009 to go with Surfers Paradise. So the new series will have superspeedways, short ovals, road courses, and street circuits. I've heard they're thinking of calling the new series the "IndyCar World Series" similiar to the old PPG CART Indycar World Series. I'll bet the new engine rules in 2010 will also include turbos. I also hope they go back to Michigan International Speedway and Road America. Doubtful that we'll see the speeds from the '90s anymore though (ex. Gil De Ferran's 241 mph at Fontana), I've read that IMS wants to keep the pole speed at Indy at around 230 mph. Which I think is fine, but I agree that one of the big attractions to IndyCar racing is the speed and power.

About the key chain, let me know if I can help out. Maybe I can ship to the UK cheaper than an internet seller. I'll be at Indy for Pole Day, I'll keep my eye out for something cool.

230mph is a good speed, I agree, but it makes the series so artificial to have every aspect machined in so much. I just wish there were more chassis and engine manufacturers. Totally agree re Michigan and road America. Awesome tracks.

I did like one of the Indy keychains which has the orange wings logo on it (not the round ones), but their shipping charges are out of this world.

Top Bottom