What's new

Which is your preference when it comes to Mühle R41 2013 vs 2011?

Gentlemen!
I´m wondering which your preference is when it comes to Mühle R41 2013 vs 2011. I´m asking for Your personal views on which one you prefer and why. Please don´t argue, everyone is in title to his opinion as well as you are to Your. There´s no right and wrong only personal preferences. I´ll start by sharing my view:

I bought one of the very first R41 2011. From day one it gave me an outstanding shave, even though I have to admit a rather painful one as the razor burn set in. After some time the pain gradually declined and finally vanished and the shaves got even better as my knowledge of this beast grew. I bought the 2013 soon as it was available and found that it was a gentler beast but still a beast. I ended up selling my 2011 for a very low sum. I´ll never sell a razor again.

Some months later I started to miss the 2011 and bought a used one for a very high price. Today I use both the 2011 and 2013 every week. The 2011 gives me incredible close shaves. They are mostly absolutely perfect, but once in a while the bastard (2011) decides to give me one or a couple of weepers. The 2013 on the other hand gives me almost as close shaves, but it never ever bites me. When I write “close shave” both of these razors are IMHO unbeatable, but the 2011 a tad more so.

If I had to choose one of them I´d choose the 2013, just because it gives me an extremely good and comfortable shave. Even so I would very much miss the truly unbelievably close shaves of the 2011. I´m happy to have both. I have two back up 2013 but only a single 2011, so if one of You gentlemen really hate your 2011 please feel free to send it to me. I´ll take very good care of it and nurse it like a baby.:001_smile

So what´s Your view?

Kind Regards
Polarbeard

I have both and I like them both. However, for a faster (some would say less careful) shave in the morning before work, without running the risk of getting an occasional weeper, I prefer the R41 2013.

You will of course get VERY mixed opinions on this, but I firmly am of the opinion that the 2011 works better for me, hands down, without question, by a noticeable margin. It is just so efficient, effective, and smooth. It just works better for me.

Top Bottom