What's new

Proraso pre shave question

Hi gents,

I recently started using the Proraso white pre shave cream before my shaves. I have been using pure organic coconut oil but wanted to try something else to see if it would be better. After 2 uses with 2 different shaving soaps just to be sure I have come to the conclusion that the Proraso is so much worse. It dries my skin to the point of rivaling Alum. Is this just me? Is it suppose to be like that? Using the coconut oil was a treat and left my skin feeling amazing and slick. If anyone can help me I would be thankfully, especially users of the pre shave cream. Thanks

I have never used the pre shave cream, but the shaving creams, blue red and green, work well.
The only pre shave oil I have used is The Art Of Shaving sandalwood. I don't like it's smell. It smells stale. But it works well.

I bought the Proraso pre shave when I started. Used it a few times. It did not disagree with me, but I felt that it did not add anything to my shaves.

Try Noxzema instead. It gets a lot of love here and is less expensive than the Proraso.

Just my 2 cents and YMMV.

I actually use the Proraso pre shave cream for post shave. It has a nice low level menthol scent and tightens everything up. I tried using it once as a pre shave and also found it didn't add much to the process, but I really like it for post shave.

as a brand new newbie I thought it was the cats meow. now I have doubts. don't get dry face but don't see a lot of upside. am going to try noxema or even ponds face cream.

I prefer to use i on warmer days as it help with my dry skin and feels quite refreshing.

Never had a bad shave or rash from it.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Outside of showering as a pre-shave, I have used the now discontinued Floid pre-shave (smelled wonderful, but not sure if it actually did anything) and tried the Proraso as well. I found that the Proraso works much better as a post-shave product than a pre-shave one.

I started using the Proraso PS about a week after I started wet shaving and it was only after 4ish weeks in that I decided to try and see if it made a difference. For me, other than a nice menthol feel, made absolutely no difference shave wise. I did find that my DE razor needed a bit more time after a few passes under running water to get rid of the buildup of it, but that only happened when I used a tad too much haha.

Hi gents,

I recently started using the Proraso white pre shave cream before my shaves. I have been using pure organic coconut oil but wanted to try something else to see if it would be better. After 2 uses with 2 different shaving soaps just to be sure I have come to the conclusion that the Proraso is so much worse. It dries my skin to the point of rivaling Alum. Is this just me? Is it suppose to be like that? Using the coconut oil was a treat and left my skin feeling amazing and slick. If anyone can help me I would be thankfully, especially users of the pre shave cream. Thanks
We all have different skin, so maybe Proraso is not compatible with your skin. I prefer it over other higher end creams and so do the majority here. I also love the coconut oil, I use it im my work out drinks and even cook with it.

Top Bottom