What's new

Arko shave stick - First shave

I had my first shave with the Arko shave stick this morning. Having read reviews where performance is great but it's love or hate the smell I was looking forward to seeing which side on be on.
The lather exploded on my face and the smell, well I'm in the camp that gives it two thumbs up :thumbup:. My shave was comfortable for the 3 passes and my face felt and still feels 2 hours later wonderful. I paired it with speick aftershave and balm and am looking forward to using the Arko stick again tomorrow.

I got my first shave stick (speick) last month and reading luc's shave stick review journey has me wanting to try as many as I can. My other soaps and creams are sitting patiently in the cupboard, for now the shave sticks have my full attention.

I too like Arko. Read "Cella dethroned", in the Soaps section. Also, "Arko experiments, and essential oils". It is improved upon with essential oil.

Last edited:
im part of the camp that doesnt really like the smell. although the performance is very good.

and for the price, honestly its hard to beat.

I'm in the camp of not really caring what a soap smells like, because I can't smell it after I rinse anyhow. However, i like the smell of Arko. Haven't use any other soap in the last two years and I have enough to last at least 10 more.

I also enjoy the smell, although sadly I have not used it as a stick. I got it too early, and sliced it down and pressed it into a bowl. It's about half-gone now, so as soon as it's gone I'm turning to the stick version. For the money, though, it is a hard soap to beat.

I love arko...the smell reminds me when we did not have a washing machine and I would was by hand. Smells exactly like the soap I used to wash,named zote. Next time you are at a market, one that is Hispanic trending look for a pink huge bar of soap...that's the equivalent to the Mexican arko. Lol sorry for the tangent out of topic

I had my first try with Arko in August, a friend brought back four sticks from turkey.

It is a great soap, I molded mine into a push-up stick for face lathering.

I am thinking of putting one in a bowl, but I do not want the great scent to diminish.

Top Bottom