What's new

October 2014 Acquisitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past few weeks, this has become my go-to brush. I have the badger/boar mixed version.
Squirted some Proraso into it this morning to face lather with, and after a 3-pass shave, there was still enough lather for 3 more!!

Nice!! Got it today, testlathered it three times before the shave, just to get rid of the suprisingly little funk it had, and then facelathered it with RR Nonno Michelino. It was great, i got the mixed one too!

Some quality gins for my bar
1 bottle of Uncle Val's Botanical Gin
1 bottle of St. George Terroir Gin
$lovley-package-uncle-vals.jpg$20110902_st_george_gin_560x373.jpg

Birth year razor. 1956 Red Tip. A B3 would be the correct quarter but a B1 suits me right down to the ground. Oh, still waiting on a stick of Arko! Amazon gets slower all the time. :glare:

Mystic Water's Marrakesh
AOS Sandalwood Cream and Balm from royal shave
Mama Bear's Aromatic Pipe Tobacco and Turkish Mocha Glycerin Shave Soaps

I'm waiting for:

50 NOS Gillette Super Silver blades (in the white dispenser with blue + white packaging).
50 Gillette Nacet Stainless (new production).

SBAD has set in I think :scared:

Here's what I'm waiting for:
$s01.jpg$s02.jpg$s03.jpg
Think I'll keep the Rubberset fly brush as a display piece, and restore the Ever-Ready and Made-Rite brushes.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Morphe IB124 Italian Badger Kabuki Makeup Brush to try using as a shaving brush. I've read a few posts where people have said that Kabuki brushes typically hold too much water, as they're usually made from goat hair. This one is advertised as natural Italian badger bristles, cruelty-free, and made in the USA (plus for me, as I'm 'Merican)- so I figured, for $8.99 shipped, what have I got to lose?

If anyone is interested in trying-
Used this free shipping coupon: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/overstock.com#c4126371 (Good through 11/15/12)
Then added the brush to cart from product page: http://www.overstock.com/Health-Bea...dger-Kabuki-Makeup-Brush/5411996/product.html (FWIW, also comes with a plastic case of some kind)

Last edited:
La Toja Shaving Soap Stick
Semogue 620 Boar Brush
Simpsons Chubby 3
Speick After Shave Lotion with Witch Hazel
Valobra Menthol Shaving Soap

The Merkur 34C HD, from the Superior Shave. Usually his packages arrive fast and safe, this one is several weeks overdue, sadly.... Darn transit...

For nearly 5 weeks, no sign of the package. Within 2 days of 'venting' it here, it appears :blink: Must be the good Karma here :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom