What's new

Tobacquisitions for October 2014

The big box of auction awesomeness is here!! I still can't believe I won these.

The box was well packed with tissue paper to protect them in their baggies.

$1.jpg

All unwrapped and ready for their new home

$2.jpg

I think my little humidor is now at maximum capacity!

$3.jpg

The lighter and cutter are both a nice step up from what I was using before

$4.jpg

I've decided to smoke the short story first as I already have some of those I purchased recently from CI so I'll have a basis for comparison. Coming soon to a cigar of the day thread near you!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

View attachment 511047

View attachment 511048

View attachment 511049

View attachment 511052

I've decided to smoke the short story first as I already have some of those I purchased recently from CI so I'll have a basis for comparison. Coming soon to a cigar of the day thread near you!

Awesome man! I shouldn't have let you have the auction, but I just couldn't hang with you. Nice pick up!

I was so sure I was going to be outbid that I didn't look at it for the last 4 hours of the auction so I wouldn't be tempted to bid again. Thanks for letting me have it and many thanks to Georg for donating this treasure.

Made a quick stop by Kawarada Tobacco Center while I was in Sendai on business yesterday.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414230155.834337.jpg

SG's St. James Flake
Dan Tobacco's Holly's Discovery (supposed to be about 10 years aged)
Peterson's 3P's (allegedly 5-6 years of age) have wanted to try this for some time.
Murray Sons era Erinmore flake!

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.

View attachment 511047

View attachment 511048

View attachment 511049

View attachment 511052

Just to get the juices flowing, the 2 CAOs in the coffin boxes, the Millineum and the Odyssey, and the RyJ Museum in the frosted tube are damn near unobtanium. The Odyssey was, I think, the last of those that I had. The Millineum I still have a few of, and we're down to just 10 of them in the shop. I don't think I know anyone who has a Museum.
Remember what I told you about the lighter. I've seen some butane cans that won't fit the fill nozzle in the lighter. I recommend Vector Signature, which is filtered 14 times, about as pure as you can find.
Enjoy, and look for something similar for next year's auction.

Hand delivered by the maker himself five minutes ago. He lives in the same town as me...small world. Paul Fucello (PFPipes on Etsy) nosewarmer Dublin, a 9mm tamper, and his favorite blend of tobacco.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters arrived today. All that I'm missing is my Caliber IV hygrometer and then my coolidor will be complete.

the chuck and tiff are pretty tasty. I have 4-5 boxes of these stashed away.

I told myself that I wouldn't crack the box until at least next Halloween-ish. I also found a nearby cigar store that sells them for $99, so I may have to pick up another box for hoarding purposes.

I told myself that I wouldn't crack the box until at least next Halloween-ish. I also found a nearby cigar store that sells them for $99, so I may have to pick up another box for hoarding purposes.

cigars international sells them for $95. I think I saw it on some special once before at CI for $85 but haven't seen it since. I still see quite a few floating around and they don't seem that hard to get your hands on. But they will probably start drying up around mid end of next year is my guess.

It's close enough to Halloween, crack that sucker tonight IMO. :thumbup1: Tatuaje also released their annual Halloween monster cigar recently. It's called Jekyll I think. I have yet to try one of those. Viaje also does a Halloween release that is usually pretty decent. Also its around this time of year that A Fuentes starts shipping their Anejo sharks. But ya november/december is usually when you see a lot of the cool limited release stuff.

cigars international sells them for $95. I think I saw it on some special once before at CI for $85 but haven't seen it since. I still see quite a few floating around and they don't seem that hard to get your hands on. But they will probably start drying up around mid end of next year is my guess.

It's close enough to Halloween, crack that sucker tonight IMO. :thumbup1: Tatuaje also released their annual Halloween monster cigar recently. It's called Jekyll I think. I have yet to try one of those. Viaje also does a Halloween release that is usually pretty decent. Also its around this time of year that A Fuentes starts shipping their Anejo sharks. But ya november/december is usually when you see a lot of the cool limited release stuff.

I may crack it open if I wind up grabbing a box from the local B&M. I got my current box off of Cigar Bid for ~$86 +shipping.

And yeah... I think that those Tatuaje Monster series boxes are limited to only 666, making them nigh impossible to get unless you're lucky or willing to pay out the wazoo. I saw a box of the Mummys on eBay for some ridiculous price a while ago.

Edit: Someone's actually selling the complete set of "empty" boxes on eBay for... $1,200. :lol:

Last edited:
I may crack it open if I wind up grabbing a box from the local B&M. I got my current box off of Cigar Bid for ~$86 +shipping.

And yeah... I think that those Tatuaje Monster series boxes are limited to only 666, making them nigh impossible to get unless you're lucky or willing to pay out the wazoo. I saw a box of the Mummys on eBay for some ridiculous price a while ago.

It depends, I see them at B&M and the pricing. But they are hard to get but I think last year they actually produced more than they did the years before. I saw them floating around till at least jan feb last year i think, but then there are a lot of B&M that will mark it up also because they know its hard to get and limited.

Top Bottom