What's new

Help with Parker Travel Brush - Is this normal?

Afternoon everyone,

I wanted to pose a question to the members of the forum in hopes of getting an answer to something I've noted with my Parker Travel Brush. I use this brush when I travel on business and have been relatively pleased with its performance to date. However, today when preparing for my shave at the hotel I noticed that the brush rotates freely when secured firmly in its holder. If I disassemble the brush from the tube and hold onto the silver base, the brush/bristles will rotate/swirl around freely as if the knot is not secured. I've not noticed this on any of my badger brushes and feel that somehow the knot has become loose maybe? There is no play when attempting to pull the brush upwards (as if to remove it from the base). Just the whole being able to twist it freely doesn't seem right as I don't recall this happening before?

So my question to the group, "Is this normal with the Parker Travel Brush and I just hadn't noticed it before?"

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on a rock solid travel brush, I'm all ears. Much appreciated.
$Swirling Parker 1024.jpg

Attachments

• $Swirling Parker.jpg
    $Swirling Parker.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 50
I wouldn't think this is normal. I have a Parker travel brush but I've never used it --- I use my Kent instead (and recently got a Rooney turnback). I have looked at my Parker and it doesn't do this.

I wonder if you could get some glue between the knot and the metal part that screws into the handle would it remedy the issue?

If you need another one, PM me. Mine isn't going to get used in this lifetime. The Rooney and Kent both would have to die first :)

Mike H

Instagram Famous
It sounds as if the knot has come unglued. You could try pulling it out and resetting it with a small dab of epoxy. Or contact Parker for a recommendation.

If you are looking for a new travel brush, a Simpson Classic 1 and Travel tube is a nice, but expensive choice. A Muhle Synthetic and a travel tube are also nice.
I have never had a turnback style so I am afraid I can not comment on those.

i dont have a parker brush but the knot shouldnt swivel in its cup.IMO,it sounds like the epoxy hs let loose.does the knot want to come out of the handle?if so just reglue it into the brush.it should be a simple fix.how old is it ?parker might replace it if its not too old.

I wouldn't think this is normal. I have a Parker travel brush but I've never used it --- I use my Kent instead (and recently got a Rooney turnback). I have looked at my Parker and it doesn't do this.

I wonder if you could get some glue between the knot and the metal part that screws into the handle would it remedy the issue?

If you need another one, PM me. Mine isn't going to get used in this lifetime. The Rooney and Kent both would have to die first :)
I didn't think it was normal. I appreciate the offer of the Parker. But, based upon this one, I'm not exactly keen on getting another one.

i dont have a parker brush but the knot shouldnt swivel in its cup.IMO,it sounds like the epoxy hs let loose.does the knot want to come out of the handle?if so just reglue it into the brush.it should be a simple fix.how old is it ?parker might replace it if its not too old.
Oddly enough, with the free swivel, one would think it would want to come out of the handle But it's rock solid when I grab hold of the brush and pull upwards as if to remove it from the base. It's like a lazy susan. It's not that old. Maybe 3+ months.

I had a similar thing happen with another brand of brush. I ended up pulling the knot out and glueing it with some araldite 2 part epoxy. That was about 8 months ago and I have not had even the slightest hint of trouble since.

Top Bottom