What's new

October photo contest - Congrats Bossies!

Stipok has been on roll lately, here is your October 2014 photo contest theme...

Stipok said:
For october I was thinking something more difficult than the previous month. The theme will be "motion". Try capturing people walking, light trails, or find something entirely different that perceives the idea of movement and motion. Good luck!

The theme is MOTION
One entry per month
You must be the photographer
Try to make it a recent one.

Have fun!

Last edited:
$DSC_2968.jpg

Couple practicing tango - Lima, Peru

Last edited:
For this month, I present to you "Walking With Dad". I hope you like it :001_smile

Attachments

• $Walking with dad.jpg
    $Walking with dad.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 191
(Water is) allways in motion ( the future is)

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1412759812227.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1412759812227.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 193
proxy.php
A jet breaking the sound barrier looks like this! :thumbsup:

October 14, 2014 by David Strege

"A photographer spent five years attempting to photograph the moment a jet breaks the sound barrier and finally succeeded, capturing the split-second moment the aircraft reached “transonic velocity,” or the speed of sound at 766 mph.

Joe Broyles, 61, attending an air show at the Oceania Naval Air Station in Virginia Beach, Virginia, picked a spot in the sky and snapped eight images ( "A good picture is equivalent to a good deed." Vincent Van Gogh), in less than two seconds, hoping he’d get lucky, according to Caters
News Agency.

“They move so fast it’s near impossible to time when to start pushing the shutter button,” Broyles told Caters.

Read More: http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/jet-breaking-sound-barrier-looks-like/

View attachment 507891 Photo captures split-second moment jet breaks the sound barrier. Photo by Joe Broyles/Caters news

proxy.php
“We didn't know if we could break the sound barrier. But it was our duty to try. That's the way I looked at it”. BG Chuck Yeager, USAF (Ret)
Cool!

Just a quick reminder for everyone, the monthly contest is topical and photos must be taken by you. Indeed, the jet photo is very cool, but should not be considered when it comes time to vote.

I will leave the jet photo for now but will move it before voting begins.

Top Bottom