What's new

What happens when you find your perfect shave ?

For those who collect razors (pretty sure all of us here) and use each in a regular rotation, what do you do when you find that razor that shaves your face perfectly ? That razor that beats all the others ? Does it make your shaves with all the others, less enjoyable? Do the others pretty much collect dust in the bathroom cabinet drawer ?

I have to say Yes, I use my favorite Razor all the time, the others sit in a Holder off to the side as bathroom decoration.

I break out my other razors maybe once a month just for variety. But, honestly, I could sell them and not really miss them.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
I like variety. I have razor & blade combos that I know will give me a great shave but I always like to change it up. I like the challenge of making a new combo work.

I bet a lot of people will still buy more thinking there is still something better out there😃

Last edited:
I like variety. I have razor & blade combos that I know will give me a great shave but I always like to change it up. I like the challenge of making a new combo work.
+1 FWIW. Having said that, I tend to use my #1 combo more frequently than the others.

I seem to switch between razors and stay on them for a while and move to the next one. I've sold off most of my razors as I feel bad for having them but not using them, I'm a bit strange like that. All I have now is a Gillette OC, r41, Gillette redtip and a Fatboy. Now that I have listed them I have more than I thought

I seem to switch between razors and stay on them for a while and move to the next one. I've sold off most of my razors as I feel bad for having them but not using them, I'm a bit strange like that. All I have now is a Gillette OC, r41, Gillette redtip and a Fatboy. Now that I have listed them I have more than I thought

I'm only 4 months in, and only have 3 razors at the moment (and another 2 out on loan), but I find that if I use the same razor for an extended period of time (I just used my Slant for the entire month of September) that I can get too comfortable with it and my technique will lapse, leading to irritation. But I'm still participating in OCtober, so I'll now be using my NEW LC all of this month.

I'd hate to have a bunch of razors. I have a Fatboy, like I had 50 years ago. No desire at all to learn another razor. I do have an OK Utopia in the den in case the Fatboy implodes.

One brush, one bowl, narrowing in on 3 +/- blade brands. But soaps, creams, croaps, AS, and colognes: hold me back. I love it this way. One AD, not too expensive, and lots of variety.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I try to get rid of my dust collectors. I have a few at the moment but will revisit them to be sure. There's always something new coming out but I do have a top razor at the moment and the other razors are a few steps behind that one.

Me too.

I collect Gillette razors but I have a couple of SE, Shavette and Str8's as well.
I use a hybrid ( Gillette Tech with a custom handle ) more because it's a fast excellent shave.
Also, I find the hardware more interesting than the software but "ymmv"

Nope, because after you've got a lot experience shaving, you figure out that you can shave with anything and get great shaves. You'll have your preferences, but ultimately you can pick up anything, and get an awesome shave.

For those who collect razors (pretty sure all of us here) and use each in a regular rotation, what do you do when you find that razor that shaves your face perfectly ? Do the others pretty much collect dust in the bathroom cabinet drawer ?
They're not there long enough for the gathering of dust - they're offered for sale and then.....outta here.
All I'm left with is Mühle R41. And I'm not complaining.

I have been using my Weber DLC for the past 2 years as my sole razor....unfortunately/fortunately. :sad::thumbup:
I would love to use my others, but I just get great shaves with this thing, so I am quite happy.

For those who collect razors (pretty sure all of us here) and use each in a regular rotation, what do you do when you find that razor that shaves your face perfectly ? That razor that beats all the others ? Does it make your shaves with all the others, less enjoyable? Do the others pretty much collect dust in the bathroom cabinet drawer ?

Some of us are minimalists. I have two razors, a Slim and an EJ DE87. I like them both, but favor the Edwin Jagger and use it most of the time. I have no need for and no desire to own any more razors.

Top Bottom