What's new

Nib Acquisitions October 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
OK gents, have at it! Any new (to you) pens, nibs, inks, papers, wax seals, blotters, or tools.

Picked up a bottle of Blue-Black Quink this morning to re-fill a new-to-me Parker Frontier.

$ink.JPG

Picked up a bottle of Blue-Black Quink this morning to re-fill a new-to-me Parker Frontier.

View attachment 502215

Interested to hear how you like it. I have and old (like 50 years old probably) bottle of Quink Blue Black that has a really unique color that I enjoy. I have it loaded in a Parker 51 now...here is how it looks:

$20141001_093745.jpg

I have been contemplating getting a bottle of the modern to see how it compares.

Hey you got it! How does it compare to the standard 580? Anything different but the color scheme?

The USA and my rose gold both weigh 28g but due to some apparent mental bias the rose gold feels more solid.

The 580 is a seriously nice piston filler for the money. It has me very curious about the vac700.

The Mini sacrifices some weight for a massive boost in portability.

I know they've had their doubters but I'm really enjoying the TWSBI line so far!

The USA and my rose gold both weigh 28g but due to some apparent mental bias the rose gold feels more solid.

The 580 is a seriously nice piston filler for the money. It has me very curious about the vac700.

The Mini sacrifices some weight for a massive boost in portability.

I know they've had their doubters but I'm really enjoying the TWSBI line so far!

I have been reading great things about the 580 and TWSBI in general. I'm kinda thinking that it might be my first serious pen purchase once I have grown impatient with my "cheap" pens. I can't hardly believe that the 580 is only $50!

I got in a few items including finally recieveing my Furrow books from Aaron Zeller's Kickstarter (I'll post up some thoughts on them later)
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered from Teri at Peyton Street Pens: a Sheaffer 330 (F nib, blue) and a Sheaffer Imperial II (F nib, black, touchdown) as "seconds".

Last edited:
You are one lucky devil sir!

Congrats! I feel you picked through your choices well. :thumbup1:

Thanks, guys! I'm enamored with both of these pens to be sure.

The broadness of the Lamy 2000 medium nib is giving me some pause but I think the noodlers eel ink may be partially to blame.
I've got some iroshizuku kon peki in there now and the problem is partially corrected.

The smoothness on both nibs is simply amazing. Buttery sweeping glide.

Thanks, guys! I'm enamored with both of these pens to be sure.

The broadness of the Lamy 2000 medium nib is giving me some pause but I think the noodlers eel ink may be partially to blame.
I've got some iroshizuku kon peki in there now and the problem is partially corrected.

The smoothness on both nibs is simply amazing. Buttery sweeping glide.

The Lamy 2000 nibs are known to run on the broader side, but are great nibs, IMHO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom