What's new

Merkur digress question..

Good Day to you all. This evening I will pick up my Merkur digress from the post office. My query is, do I adjust the razor for different areas of my face, or as i read somewhere, one pass aggressive followed by a mild pass? Or none of the above? Many thanks!

When I use my Progress I never change the setting during the shave.

IMHO just because a razor is adjustable, doesn't mean you have to adjust it between passes. I am not saying it's wrong or shouldn't be done, as I said it's just my opinion.
Many people adjust between passes and works for them, whatever works is the right way to do it.

Some change to a higher setting, others to lower settings ... You will have to experiment and see what works for you, your face and your beard.

Start off at a 1.5 and go from there. If it isn't aggressive enough move on up to a higher number.

ON THE HEAD OF THE RAZOR, BE SURE TO ALINE THE TRIANGLE AND LITTLE LINE ON THE SAME SIDE! Don't mean to yell, but that is the thing that will make the razor setting exact each time.

I just keep it at setting #2. However, some folks start at a lower setting, then increase it by one in their subsequent passes.
I think you will have to experiment to see which works best for you. Good luck.

Good Day to you all. This evening I will pick up my Merkur digress from the post office. My query is, do I adjust the razor for different areas of my face, or as i read somewhere, one pass aggressive followed by a mild pass? Or none of the above? Many thanks!
It varies with each individual. ..I used a combination of settings for my face. I use a aggressive level for my cheeks and mild for the neck.

Top Bottom