What's new

Good barber in the greater Boston area?

I know this might be a shot in the dark... but I've noticed that there's at least a few guys here from the Boston area. Anyone happen to know of a good barber to get a good shave from? I have a string of family weddings coming up this year, and if I can find someplace good to go get a shave beforehand, that'll help save my face (since shaving the day after a bachelor party is presumably a pretty bad idea). Any ideas? I know there's an AoS store in the Natick mall that has a barber's chair (I assume they have someone come in on weekends or something), but I don't know anyone that's been there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

There is an old italian guy in the bottom of the pru...ive never gotten a shave but he is a good barber...also check out the north end there are a couple of places right off of hanover street, again i havent gotten a shave there so i dont no, but they do cut hair and shave...best of luck and let us no if you find someone good.

I can't make any recommendations but do make sure you get a good reference before you get a shave anywhere. Someone posted pics last year of a shave they got in the North End. Much skin peeled off the gents face - could not even imagine how badly the shave hurt.

Just a heads up, apparently in Mass, they aren't allowed to use a brush on customers unless they sterilize the brush after each use so they've taken to just using their hands to apply hot lather. I've heard if you bring in your own brush they'll use it on you though. Let us know what you end up with, I'm gonna be in the same boat in a couple of months...

He's slightly out of the greater Boston area, but the husband of a woman I work with said her husband is a barber and does straight razor shaves. I don't know the name of his place, but he's located in West Concord.

...I know there's an AoS store in the Natick mall that has a barber's chair (I assume they have someone come in on weekends or something)...

I spoke to the manager there last month. She was in the process of hiring a barber. When available, you can get a shave for $25, or for free with any product purchase (even if purchase is <$25.) I'm sure the price is subject to change without notice.

Per state regulation, they use a shavette, unless you buy a razor, then they can use your own equipment upon request.

Top Bottom