What's new

The BlueBird

I gave it a fair two shaves with the bluebird and nothing, the blade gets me irritated. The first shave was a tugging and i felt the blade dull. I did not really get close and i noticed if i went to the third pass to much irritation, i used proraso green my go to. The second the blade was not as dull but still irritated, lol, so i fought through and got to the third pass. I will agree it was a close shave but the cost of irritation could it be the blade. how was your experience.

You getting babbon *** on the neck???? :lol:

That happened to me with the Personna blue labels made in VA. I have the Blue birds and test drove one over the last week, they worked for me, but like everyone says you have to find what works for you. This morning I changed out to a Feather, I will be buy more feathers, so far no babbon ***, and I didn't cut my self, and a very nice shave.

Have you tried a persona, Astra or Gillette Blue silver, and of coarse the grand daddy of em all the feather.

I am not a Bluebird fan. I had very similar experiences as you describe. Don't sweat it, plenty of good blades out there.

Love that blade. They, and Polsilvers strike me as the smoothest blades I've used (figure a dozen types). Shees, YMMV doesn't even come close to describing the different experiences people have with the same blade. Go figure.

Blue Bird blades have always worked for me. Very inexpensive blade that in my opinion gets overlooked some.

But if they don't work for you definitely move on to a different blade. There are a ton of good blades out there.

Initial experience, early on in my conversion to wet shaving, with Blue Bird was not good. Revisited them some time later and found them to be smooth, sharp and not irritating. Chalked up the bad first encounter to poor technique.

Initial experience, early on in my conversion to wet shaving, with Blue Bird was not good. Revisited them some time later and found them to be smooth, sharp and not irritating. Chalked up the bad first encounter to poor technique.

I tried them before anything else. Did not like them at all. Agreed that the shave was a dfs but caused too much irritation. Granted my technique has improved, but I doubt that technique alone could make this blade likable for me.

They are the only blade I have tossed mid shave. YMMV but I could not stand them. I got a better shave on a 3 day old Derby.

Just tried the blade this morning... Took a lot of skin off but left a lot of hair... Never touching one again

I tried a Blue Bird Hi Stainless for the first time last night. After a little tugging (might have been my angle) to start, the resulting shave was nice and smooth.

Top Bottom