What's new

Dreaded question from a stranger (amusing - for the rest of you.

I stopped in a local grocery store today and here is how the conversation unfolded at the checkout counter.

Cashier: "How old are you?"

Captain (smiling): "I'm 92 years old."

Cashier (laughing): "No you're not - how old are you?"

Captain: "Why so curious?"

Cashier: "Oh, today we have a 10% discount for senior citizens."

Captain (knees buckling, wind knocked out of him, holding onto the counter for support): "How old do you need to be?"

Cashier: "Over the age of 62."

Captain (wincing, hands on knees): "Just charge me full price."

Legion

Staff member
I had a barber offer to trim my eyebrows the other day. That hurt, as I had just been stressing about the ratio of grey to dark hairs that had just been cut, and fallen onto the cape.

I had a barber offer to trim my eyebrows the other day. That hurt, as I had just been stressing about the ratio of grey to dark hairs that had just been cut, and fallen onto the cape.

My eyebrows, if left to their own devices, would make Andy Rooney look like he plucked his. :blink:

My eyebrows look like two caterpillars locked in battle.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My eyebrows, if left to their own devices, would make Andy Rooney look like he plucked his. :blink:

I know what you mean. Here's me before the last trim

$thufir.gif

I had a rude awakening when I checked what the median age is in Canada, because it confirmed that I am definitely over the hill. Hadn't quite realized until then.

So where's my discount?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Captain - I know what you mean though. It's getting harder and harder to pretend I don't know I'm getting to be a geezer.

The other day, my wife told me my aftershave made me smell like an old man. I didn't have the heart to tell her I wasn't wearing aftershave.

Needing to occasionally trim nose hairs never bothered me, but when I noticed I needed to trim ear hairs... I knew I was getting old.

And every time I cut my hair, I give my eyebrows a clipper cut down to 1/4". Keeps them from growing wild.

Needing to occasionally trim nose hairs never bothered me, but when I noticed I needed to trim ear hairs... I knew I was getting old.

And every time I cut my hair, I give my eyebrows a clipper cut down to 1/4". Keeps them from growing wild.

At least there is still hair to trim.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I took my 11 year old (the middle child) out for breakfast a few Saturdays ago...

$1058394.jpg

She did not even ask, just gave me the discount.

I didn't get a car until i was a junior, but once you're the guy with the car. Everyone wants a lift, until you ask for gas money. Except the ladies, they always rode for free.

Top Bottom