What's new

7 Day Set - Scrimshaw-PIC HEAVY

I scrolled so slowly through those pictures..yet I couldn't wait to see what was coming next...
absolutely breathtaking work. thank you for sharing these beautiful ladies...

Beautiful set!
lately I've become interested in scrimshaw ( the barber pole razor I just posted) and find it fascinating.
If anyone thinks it's a type of photo transfer or done with a laser it's not. It's a style of art that is done with thousands of dots. It's created the same way an image is made on a newspaper.
Here are a few exames where color scrim has been done on knife handles. These too look photo realistic. They should. The guy gets up to $7,000.00 per knife.
And as the artist says , the image has to be bold and grab your attention.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by a moderator:
I did the scrimshaw on these razors and I wanted to respond to some of the comments. First, thanks everyone. All the work is done by hand with sharpened metal scribes. I make the incisions, then rub black oil paint into them. Though most of the work is stippled points some of the longer lines and hair are done with a tiny blade. These days I'm doing a lot of work on custom guitars and pool cues. And knives and other "sharp things". Here's a picture I took of the full set:$lined2.jpg

I did the scrimshaw on these razors and I wanted to respond to some of the comments. First, thanks everyone. All the work is done by hand with sharpened metal scribes. I make the incisions, then rub black oil paint into them. Though most of the work is stippled points some of the longer lines and hair are done with a tiny blade. These days I'm doing a lot of work on custom guitars and pool cues. And knives and other "sharp things". Here's a picture I took of the full set:View attachment 502701
Hi Bob, welcome to the site.

I have to say that having these razors on hand really allows me to appreciate the detail that goes into them. I am really at a loss of word to describe then and to call you an artist is really falling short on praise.

Gorgeous

I am totally dumbstruck! Beautiful! I don't know if I would call Doris Day a sex symbol though. Also, no Marilyn Monroe?

Mike

Last edited:
Stunning... simply stunning... I can only image how nice they are in person... talent like that comes from some place special..

Top Bottom