What's new

Aqua Velva Is Rocking My World!

Granmpa, or Gigi as I called him, was a Clubman....man :001_smile. And when he took me to Casey's barber shop when I was a child, they also used Clubman. It was no wonder I was a lady's man in elementary school. Bowtie, side part and the fragrance of a gentleman, I was practically unstoppable :austin1: I always think of my Gigi when I splash on some of it.

BUT, my father was notorious for two ***. Stetson and......

:thumbup:Aqua Velva :thumbup:

$011509211613__80676.1383448960.1280.1280.jpg

When I went home to NY over the summer, I was at Wally World confronted with a dilemma. Which aftershave to buy? Stetson has that scent of a man who built a barn, by himself, in a day and didn't even perspire :kyle1:. While Aqua Velva is probably what James Bond's sweat smells like, cool and musky :euro:.

Even though it has been getting colder every day here, this wonderful little AS has been at the forefront of my rotation almost every day. Furthermore, SWMBO loves the scent! :001_cool:

Now, the only complaint of this near perfect gem, is the dang hole at the top of the bottle :sneaky2:. I can't seem to splash some out on my hand without it running down the side of the container or onto the floor :bored:

I like the AV musk and feel it's perfect for the cooler months.

The trick with the bottle is to partially cover the hole, with one of your fingers, to allow a more controlled flow :thumbup:

I think I've told this story here before, but this thread brought it to mind again. Several years ago I'd started wetshaving (not at the level I'm at now, but for real). I always used Aqua Velva; it was my only aftershave. Right before my wife and I had a visit from a social worker and found out that the little girl we'd had on respite care for the weekend would be staying with us full time--this led to her becoming my daughter, the love of my life--I shaved. She looked at me when I came into the room and said, "You smell good."

That's the best thing anyone ever said to me, and Aqua Velva made it happen. I'll always have some around. Thanks, Andrew, for bringing that memory back!

I put my finger over the hole completely. Invert the bottle over my hand, then let it flow until my palm is full, replace finger and right bottle. No spillage.

I think I've told this story here before, but this thread brought it to mind again. Several years ago I'd started wetshaving (not at the level I'm at now, but for real). I always used Aqua Velva; it was my only aftershave. Right before my wife and I had a visit from a social worker and found out that the little girl we'd had on respite care for the weekend would be staying with us full time--this led to her becoming my daughter, the love of my life--I shaved. She looked at me when I came into the room and said, "You smell good."

That's the best thing anyone ever said to me, and Aqua Velva made it happen. I'll always have some around. Thanks, Andrew, for bringing that memory back!

That really is very moving. Thank you for sharing that with us. I've been here a few days short of a year, and that's the first time I've read that. :)

What a beautiful story! Makes me love AV even more, will probably think about that now every time I use it!

Great story! Love those moments. AV is a classic and favourite in my roto.

Top Bottom