What's new

The two things I hate about "The" Ohio State

1 They are "The" Ohio State

2 Their marching band is so fn awesome.

Can't say I'm into marching bands, but they are pretty neat.

Also, I hate Ohio State

grrrr Ohio State

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am an OSU fan who hates the trend in the NFL of calling it THE Ohio State. As to the marching band, I want to see Mississippi State do the Script :biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I agree with the OP. I also have a bone to pick with The Bronx.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Actually the the word "The" was added when they lost their lawsuite against Ohio University over the rights to the name Ohio. OSU wanted OU to change their name and stop using Ohio. OU was the first Ohio university by decades and won in court. This was well documented in the alumni news from OU.

Furthermore the title "Best damn band in the land" was coined by OU and as you guessed it, OSU ripped that off as well.

BTW I graduated from OSU, worked at OSU and my wife graduated from OU. So I got to see both sides of the lame lawsuite that OSU inniated. I'm totally embarrassed by my alma mater. And the fans of OSU are some of the worst in the world. I lived it and am speaking from first hand experiences.

Your new Delta Tau Chi name is The Suticat.

Oh, there are more tiresome things about OSU than this.

Each year I was there, nitwits would set up an "Israeli checkpoint" on the Oval and symbolically "inconveniece" random passers by. Ah, to be young and living in a country not surrounded by people who think blowing you up is a straight ticket to Paradise.

I wanted to rig up a "symbolic" suicide vest with railroad flares under a trench coat and have those kids search me...but I restrained myself. May they continue to live in a land still familiar with FDR's Four Freedoms.

icon1.png

The ouch.

... or in french: le boo boo.

Top Bottom