What's new

Single Blade October>

I'm assuming he meant one blade type. Either way, I'm out. I signed up for OCtober and I have a lot of blades I've never tried out in the NEW.

Hmm, wouldn't have thought that much of a challenge, but.... I guess I'd be in anyway, as using a single blade for a month is a subset of using a single blade brand for a month :001_smile

Kevdogg, what say you?

Last edited:
Hmm, wouldn't have thought that much of a challenge, but.... I guess I'd be in anyway, as using a single blade for a month is a subset of using a single blade brand for a month :001_smile

Kevdogg, what say you?
Either way is fine with me as October is tomorrow and this was late to post.. I mainly was getting a feel for November about setting up a blade challenge.

Jamesspo, Your challenge should be one blade to Christmas[emoji2]

I can't participate then. Mrs Galaktus and I have a week long cruise towards the end of the month. Too much trouble for me to pack and protect the same blade.

I can't participate then. Mrs Galaktus and I have a week long cruise towards the end of the month. Too much trouble for me to pack and protect the same blade.

I'm sort of in the same boat with a hunting trip, but I think I'll try to keep it protected.

Day 1 - Vintage English Wilkinson Sword - currently with 21 shaves on it. I'll have to take it to 52 shaves by end of the month...we'll see!

Actually, I'll probably only shave a couple of days during the hunt trip, so maybe only in the high 40's by then...

Last edited:
The one blade challenges are always done in February, since that is the shortest month. Not saying you can't do another one.

I'm sort of in the same boat with a hunting trip, but I think I'll try to keep it protected.

Day 1 - Vintage English Wilkinson Sword - currently with 21 shaves on it. I'll have to take it to 52 shaves by end of the month...we'll see!

Actually, I'll probably only shave a couple of days during the hunt trip, so maybe only in the high 40's by then...

The blade is just getting broken in for you in the 40's :eek:)

Want to give it a try! So count me in!
Its a third time using this blade.

Can i keep the score and experience here?

Well, I've already had two shaves with my Indian Gillette Green, and the most I've had with it till date was 12, so this will be interesting - let me see how much I can push it, while at the same time rotating among so many OC razors (being also part of the OCtober 14).

Count me in Kev.

Top Bottom