What's new

Two new Pens

I recently picked up a couple new pens. I got the Lamy 2000 from Amazon -

$IMG_20140927_182947.jpg

I couldn't wait the 2 days for delivery, so I stopped by the local pen store (who didn't carry the 2000) to try out a few Lamy nibs to see how I liked them - I was about to leave (only purchasing some Sandalwood Proraso) when the shopkeep had me try out a Pilot Metropolitan.

$IMG_20140926_191325.jpg

What a beauty! For only 20 dollars, how could I say no? Which brings me to my next point.

Hi. My name is John and I have acquisition disorder.

View attachment 501837

I couldn't wait the 2 days for delivery, so I stopped by the local pen store (who didn't carry the 2000) to try out a few Lamy nibs to see how I liked them - I was about to leave (only purchasing some Sandalwood Proraso) when the shopkeep had me try out a Pilot Metropolitan.

View attachment 501839

What a beauty! For only 20 dollars, how could I say no? Which brings me to my next point.

Hi. My name is John and I have acquisition disorder.
Hi, my names is Justin and I have the same AD, so I'm not really to sure to tell you about that, other than, WELCOME ABOARD:thumbup1:

I do know that the L2K is one of my favorite pens. What Nib did you get? Do you have it in hand yet, or still waiting?

You might want to note, the Lamy's nib is a bit larger than you'd think. A Lamy fine is a bit more like a medium. I have the extra-fine in the 2000 and the line is a bit larger than the pilot fine - however, the 2000 writes smoothly, beautifully, and has a great flow that keeps up with me at any speed.

I couldn't wait the 2 days for delivery, so I stopped by the local pen store .

oh man, if I'm anything like you, I'm doomed! I just ordered some new pens myself on Friday, but they're shipping from China, so I think its going to be a while. I am feeling the itch though. however there is only 1 pen shop around here that I know of and it would be a chore to get out there so that should help.

nice haul. I thought about the Metro, but opted for the super cheap Chinese pens for starters. good for you, that Lamy 2000 is a sweetheart.

oh man, if I'm anything like you, I'm doomed! I just ordered some new pens myself on Friday, but they're shipping from China, so I think its going to be a while. I am feeling the itch though. however there is only 1 pen shop around here that I know of and it would be a chore to get out there so that should help.

nice haul. I thought about the Metro, but opted for the super cheap Chinese pens for starters. good for you, that Lamy 2000 is a sweetheart.

I tried out a Chinese pen quite a while ago, and I think they can be good. The one I had would have been better used as a chisel for writing in granite, but I've heard they also have some great (and inexpensive) FPs! Let us know how you like them when you get them!

I tried out a Chinese pen quite a while ago, and I think they can be good. The one I had would have been better used as a chisel for writing in granite, but I've heard they also have some great (and inexpensive) FPs! Let us know how you like them when you get them!

I shall indeed.......however the way it seems, I will be old and grey before that happens :wheelchair:

Wow, the converter on the Metro ran out quickly. I've put in the cartridge it comes with, so we'll see how long that lasts. I like it otherwise. The 2000 flows really well, almost too well, so it bleeds through the pages of standard paper pretty easily - but it feels so damned nice to write with.

Top Bottom