What's new

TABACtober 2014!

$20141026_003134.jpg

Still a newbie here, but I wanted to chime in and say how much I enjoyed my first Tabac-tacular shave experience!

I picked up a Tabac shave stick because I was wanting to try a shave stick out for traveling purposes, and I wanted to try Tabac. I figured why not take care of both experiments with one product. I tried it out this afternoon, and I have to say this is my best shave yet! Still not quite BBS on the neck (still trying to figure that area out), but great overall shave.

The lather was really thick and protective, and my alum stone let me know it was a great shave with hardly any burn. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being 'my face is on fire', this was a 2. There was a tiny little bit of burn on my neck area, which is usually a lot worse with other soaps I've tried.

I'm wondering how much is due to the Tabac and how much is due to me face lathering for the first time? I plan to experiment some more with face lathering my other soaps to see how they compare to my first Tabac shave stick experience. I do think I probably laid on the soap a little heavy as a first-time shave stick user so that might explain the thick lather.

Today, my Tabac broke through to the bottom of the glass jar. Not too many shaves left, so I will just keep going until it's gone!

Today's shave:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414587187.029302.jpg

Not much Tabac left. Was thinking I had about a week's worth of shaves left, but after today, I'm wondering if there's enough to get me to Friday!

I made it through with the exception of a few days when I was TDY overseas. Now I need to pick up some tabac AS to go with my soap.

Tim, I broke through to the jar at the start of October and three weeks later still had a decent amount left in the jar. I stopped using it then because of a trip out of town. My guess is, though, you will make it close to thanksgiving if not beyond.

Did anyone report any irritation or redness from using Tabac?

I tried the shave stick, soap in the bowl, and aftershave this week, and I developed some redness and bumps. At this point, I'm not sure if I have some reaction going on to Tabac because I used several other new hardware and software products this week as well.

Lord willing, I plan to do a control test where I go back to hardware and software I know didn't cause any problems, and slowly add things back in until I figure out root cause.

I hope it isn't the Tabac because I liked the lather and scent!

Top Bottom